108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Update 7.6.0.55 fails - untrusted signer

SOLVED
Go to solution
toddg1
HPE Pro

We are not able to reproduce this - perhaps something got munged during the download.  Have you tried going to the Software Management tab in Insight RS and manually downloading to see if that works?

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Amr_Koptan
Occasional Advisor

Hello Todd

well i can see from the logs that the download is successful for all the packages but the MD5 checksum is the problem in most of them, before the update packages used to download and install without issues this happened only after the 7.7.0.0020 update, all packages fail the same way

amr
toddg1
HPE Pro

Ok - back from the team:

It sounds to me like his SWM manifest file is out of date.

“Check for Updates”, then try again.

Please go to the Software Updates page and manually: "Check for updates" which will download the "manifest file" that is being validated as part of the MD5 check.

If this doesn't work - we may need to ask that you open a support case, but hopefully this is it!

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Amr_Koptan
Occasional Advisor

Well Todd this is exactly what i tried to do but unfortunately i always get the same result, looks like this matter needs to get escalated with a case,
thank you very much for your assistance and precious time, quite appreciated
Amr
toddg1
HPE Pro

Ok - just double-checking.  You did press the "check for updates" button:

and THEN manually download the file again?

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
Amr_Koptan
Occasional Advisor

Yes that's exactly what i did, in the logs i can see that the file was downloaded to its intended folder successfully but when the hash is compared the checksum issue aborts the update and i get a red X.