1752766 Members
5351 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VA event monitor NOT in service

Zvonko Patafta
Occasional Advisor

VA event monitor NOT in service

I have done installation of ISEE on Netserver LC 2000r. It appears to be working fine. However, when checked what installed there was no VA event monitor in service. So, I am wandering whether VA error handling would be OK.
Conditions:
1. Upgrade from CommandView 1.04->1.07
2. Instant TT install+Agents 5.5
3. ISEE install
All steps were done according to the written procedure. So, what could it be with VA event monitor?! Is there anything to do with upgrade on CommandView v.1.07!
How can I make sure that VA error notification works fine?!
14 REPLIES 14
Zvonko Patafta
Occasional Advisor

Also, what is the heartbeat od ISEE service?! What would happened if ISEE service is unintentionally turned off?! Will the ISEE HP server notify the problem?!
Zvonko Patafta
Occasional Advisor

Replying on my own queries I found that CVSDM 1.07 has an issue with VA event monitoring. My question: What is a solution for it?! Downgrading to 1.06 or workaround?!
Frauke Denker_2
Esteemed Contributor

Hello Zvonko,
I assume that you installed the Version 3.0 of ISEE. If you want to monitor a VA, you need to install the VA Event Handler. This is a seperat product that is available at http://www.software.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductsList.do?groupName=Instant+Support+Enterprise+Edition+%28ISEE%29
I am not sure wether the Commandview 1.07 is already supported as this client was available before the release fo CVSDM 1.07. I will check if there are any further informations on this.
Concerning the heartbeat, I think you are talking about the polling of ISEE every 190 second. This is more important for the advenced configuration as this shows the status of a client as not-polling if the heartbeat was missing for 24H.
Regards
Frauke
Zvonko Patafta
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the info!
So, I can asssume that if Client is not polling for 24hrs ISEE will create a case!
There is a note in the latest doc ISEE_Client.pdf(rel.10-Dec-03), page 100 with VA Event issue and CVSDM 1.07!!!
I am still looking for solution degrade CVSDM 1.06 or a workaround.
Frauke Denker_2
Esteemed Contributor

Hello,
no there will be no case for a non-polling client. The only thing that is monitoring is SPOP status. So if an SPOP in not polling this should cause an incidents.
Regards
Frauke
Frauke Denker_2
Esteemed Contributor

I just recieved the information that the CVSDM 1.07 is not supported with VEAH by now. I guess it will be supported with the new ISEE release.
Dean Cashen_1

There is a known issue with CVSDM 1.07 and the existing VA Event Handler, and we understand the problem and plan a fix shortly. It's premature to give a date, but believe the solution is a simple one to implement and test. Sorry for the inconvenience! This is a very high priority for HP to resolve for our customers.
Beth Patterson

Is there any further info on a time frame for a fix to allow cv1.07 to function with ISEE?
Dean Cashen_1

Yes, we're looking at producing a fix literally within the next couple days. Testing so far is going very well. Now, "deployment" is an open question, where to put the bits for general distribution, and we'll probably look at both internal and external sites. But I don't have a definitive answer at the moment. So let me ask while I can: Where would you want to see the new event handler ("VAEH") put for download?