108788 Solutions
New Discussion

VCenter discovery

SOLVED
Go to solution
Vadim_Paladi
Occasional Advisor

VCenter discovery

IRS 7.5 wont discover clusters outside of root folder in VCenter. As we have quite large environment hosts are groupped in folders. Hosts in folder are not discovered,. This is not credentials issue as hosts located in root are discovered. Is it by design?

7 REPLIES 7
toddg1
HPE Pro

Re: VCenter discovery

I will need to look into this - thanks for your patience.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
toddg1
HPE Pro

I am not quite certain what you mean by "folders" - is this the official vCenter terminology?  I have seen some heirarchical discovery work - but have seen some fail when there are different permissions at various levels.   Please help clarify exactly what you're asking, so we can make sure to investigate the proper items.  Thanks in advance

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Vadim_Paladi
Occasional Advisor

Account we used for testing have full access on VC(admin) . I mean exactly heirarchical discovery, also not sure about terminology but in vsphere web interface you can organize hosts in folders. In our case hosts which were in root were discovered wo issues. The idea is to have two accounts each one of them to have access to specified folder only.

toddg1
HPE Pro

Ok - I would have expected this to work, but we will need to look into this.  Please give us some time to investigate and thanks for your response.

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
Vadim_Paladi
Occasional Advisor

Would be nice if you'll try to test it. Last I was performing discovery in DC, no firewalls and again root ESXi hosts are found but those in folders not. Can provide you logs. I'm HPE employee so feel free to contact me via internal channels, we can walk through whole process. All I need to know if this is software limitation and how long it will take to fix it or to change any eventual settings in VC to reach the desired result.

Thanks

toddg1
HPE Pro

Vadim, 

I thought I had responded with this information already - but I wanted to let you know that I have filed an issue with the team - hopefully they will be able to look at this soon.  I let them know that you're an HPE employee and that we can work with you on this.

Thanks for your patience!

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
Vadim_Paladi
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Issue resolved by latest patch. Discovery works as expected.

THANKS!