3931 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VMS Alpha server not appearing in Webes on HPSim v5.3

Karen A Harte
Frequent Advisor

VMS Alpha server not appearing in Webes on HPSim v5.3

Hello,

I have installed ELMCV25BL19KIT1_Mar-25-2009_OVMSAlp.exe on a VMS server and it all seemed to go OK and I have ran the openvms elmc test files - it took me a while to decipher the readme.txt but I did it and I think I sent a test event by this method - so all looks OK on the server but it is not appearing on Webes when I look on the HPSim server - has anybody got any ideas about why it wouldn't be ? The server is appearing in HPSim as I discovered it and it seems to be entitled OK but because it is not appearing in Webes it is not being monitored .
Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks,

Karen

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Olivier Masse
Honored Contributor

WEBES syncs itself with SIM regularly, except that I don't know how to force it without stopping the director and restarting it.

If you system still doesn't appear after a while, check to be sure that it isn't listed as the IP address, or serial number of your server. If that happens, you can delete it from WEBES and it might sync again correctly next time. Another thing I've seen is when the reverse DNS entry is not identical to the hostname, it can end up in WEBES as well.

Good luck
ITRC Test-CH
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

Select your VMS system in SIM. Then do a "Identify Systems...".

Regards, Werner
Karen A Harte
Frequent Advisor

Hi All, Thanks for your replies - it turns out that i had forgotten about the System Management homepage which wasn't installed and so I downloaded this and tried to install it - only to find the VMS server has ODS-2 disks and not ODS-5 so can't install SMH - therefore I can't put them properly onto the HPSim server and this will be a big job for the customer to convert these disks.
Also then I have discovered that the original ISEE install is not working on the VMS boxes - getting an error :sysparam_init: no rt.jar or classes file - The system has been upgraded to OpenVMS Alpha 8.3 and it wass on 7.3 when i installed ISEE so I don't know what is going on now. I seem to be taking 5 steps back instead of forward !
omw-teamminfin
Occasional Advisor

Hi KAren,

Could you elaborate a bit on how you ran the "ELMC test files"?

I want to able to senda OpenVMS HPSIM ets alarm from OpenVMS to the HPSIM sever.
Or perhaps playback an older appeared hardware alarm.

Many thanks,
Erik.