Insight Remote Support
1752781 Members
6056 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

WCCProxy sprawl CAAgents.exe cause system failed

Yap Yong Siong

WCCProxy sprawl CAAgents.exe cause system failed

Does WCCProxy need to install in every HP Server? As I have two same model server (HP Proliant DL740) which one of it have Desta_service and WCCProxy running and the other have not.

However, server running Desta_service & WCCProxy have sprawl a lots of CAAgents.exe to cause the system failed which I can not open anymore new application like cmd console, task manager and etc.

Anyone out there can advise?
7 REPLIES 7
Martin Kers
Occasional Advisor

Re: WCCProxy sprawl CAAgents.exe cause system failed

Hello,

We also see a lot of processes CAAgents.exe, it started last week, maybe a windows update produced this problem.
At this moment we stop all HP Isee & WCCproxy services on all servers till we have a solution.

Martin
Sam Cofield
Advisor

Folks,

Technically WEBES doesn't support Proliant boxes for notification. It is intended to be installed on a Proliant to do EVA failure notification.

It can be installed on a non-supported box, but will not do much.

I assume it has WEBES because you mentioned the desta_service.

ISEE itself will install WCCproxy, and WEBES does wccproxy and desta.

Generally doing a "net stop desta_service", and a "wccproxy stop" will help. Then check Task Manager to make sure they indeed did get stopped.

I would suggested clearing the Windows Application event file.

Then to restart, just do a "net start desta_service". WCCproxy will automatically restart.

I would also hope you are dealing with at least WEBES v5.0. But v5.1 was released Jan 11th, and is suppose to have numerous fixes.
Yap Yong Siong

This issue only happen in HP WEBES 4.3.3
Yap Yong Siong

Does WCCProxy is compulsory for HP SIM to retrieve the HP hardware event for all type of proliant servers?
Sam Cofield
Advisor

WCCproxy will not pull anything for SIM.

WCCproxy is part of WEBES. As of v5.1, there was an ELMC (wccproxy only kit) available for you to have WEBES installed on the HPSIM server, and then configure it to communicate with other servers via WCCproxy or ELMC. WCCproxy might actually be installed by the Remote Support Pak configuration. This will allow OSEM to pass events to HPSIM.

Also WEBES v4.3.3 is NOT-SUPPORTED. The only supported versions are v5.1, v5.0, & v4.5.1 (limited support).

Proliant server hardware events are logged as SNMP traps. At this time, OSEM is what supports the Proliant hardware events. WEBES v5.1 has some SNMP trap support, and they hope to merge all OSEM functionality and have all SNMP support in WEBES v5.2.
Yap Yong Siong

Thanks. By the way, any impact if I uninstall ISEE on individual server as SIM with OSEM didn't need the ISEE (WCCProxy)? What is the relationship between ISEE and SIM (OSEM)?
Sam Cofield
Advisor

You can deinstall ISEE v3.x.

Technically if you have HPSIM with RSP (ISEE v5.x), they both cannot exist on the same server.

On the remote server, if it is present, and also managed by HPSIM with RSP, we will just get double notification.

The only relation is that OSEM can pass events to HPSIM and the Managed Systems can be managed by HPSIM.