4635 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

WCCProxy

naveem
Occasional Advisor

WCCProxy

What it the use or WCCProxy?
Below are the components which are required for the lifecycle of an event reaching the HP backend.
1)An event monitoring service detects the hardware event.
2)Event Handler — filters events received from the native diagnostic instrumentation that are considered of events of interest to ISEE and forwards those events to the ISEE Client software.
3)ISEE Client Software — Provides a web-based management GUI for configuring ISEE client specific features, viewing incident details, obtaining client system information, running MAPs (Motive Application Programs) on the ISEE client, Health checks, and ISEE communication support.

My question is "when we have all the 3 compnonents required to process and submit and incident, why do we need WCCProxy and what is the fuction of WCCProxy?"

Can somebody explain the fucntion of WCCProxy and where exactly is it used?

3 REPLIES 3
A. van Berk
Frequent Advisor

Re: WCCProxy

WCCProxy is part of the ISEE client software. Thus installing ISEE will also install WCCProxy.

WCCproxy is needed to transport ISEE events when they occur. It's a transport service between the different components involved in ISEE. Without it events would not get passed to the next component in line.

naveem
Occasional Advisor

Hi
Thanx for answering my query.
but query is different.
The WCCProxy is not used on some client systems and in some models.
I have attached a screenshot with blank lines pointed the systems containing WCCProxy as one of the components and with Red lines pointing the systems doesnot contain the WCCProxy.

My question is "What is the function of WCCProxy" and " Why WCCProxy is not used on some systems to report/process events"
A. van Berk
Frequent Advisor

Different mechanisms exist to get an event
transported to the HP backend. In some configurations WCCproxy is needed in others not.