1752808 Members
5750 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: WEBES E2E

David Larvin
Contributor

WEBES E2E

This subject has been mentioned before but no one actually commented on whether the solutions offered actually fixed the problem.
So here it is again.
I have a site with a new HPSIM/RSP installation and the customer is receiving the
Subject: End to End detection failed
Webes Health Check reported a problem at Wed, 17 Sep 2008 16:01:10 +0800

Hostname: PERMGT01
Version: 1.0
Error Code: E2E

Description:
Webes HeartBeat test failed to log event. Webes may not be in running state

CallStack:
Recommended Action:
Restart Webes Director or Contact HP services.

So I am HP Services so what do I do, where do I go because I am bit fed up of being contacted about yet another crappy HP monitoring product.The same site also has events that sometimes send to ISEE/RSP and sometimes not, the last nots being disk failures on their EVA. Maybe should start another thread
2 REPLIES 2
Lew Blackburn, Jr.

I ran into this issue recently and made a change in WEBES.

Start menu...Systems Event Analyzer -> WEBES Notification Settings. From there I switched the WEBES log notification to ON.

There is a Windows AT command that performs a check every 8 hours. This is one of the items it checks.

I'm curious if this same fix works for everyone, or if there are other detection issues also. Please let me know.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Yes, that did it for me. After I learned about it here I've implemented it during all subsequent installations and have not heard any complaints so far.
Well, maybe I've screwed up the mail notifications everywhere ;-)