Insight Remote Support
1753864 Members
7634 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Warranty detail update in IRS in case of credentials failure for monitored device.

SamaySoni
Occasional Contributor

Warranty detail update in IRS in case of credentials failure for monitored device.

Hello,

I have one quick question regarding monitored devices's warranty status. 

I have discovered a device which in warranty period. After sometime the credentilas(WMI) related to that device is not working(like expired) and warranty of that device also get expired. i have updated warranty for my device but in IRS credntials to that device is still not correct. Now my question is will IRS be able to reterive my device's new warranty information??

(do IRS reterive warranty data from monitored device regularly after discovery or directly from HPE based on serial no. and product no.)

Thanks in Advance.

-Samay

2 REPLIES 2
SANJAY MUNDHRA
HPE Pro

Re: Warranty detail update in IRS in case of credentials failure for monitored device.

Hi Samay,

Once the devices is dsicovered with valid credentials and registsred with hPE, IRS will check the Enttilement for the device and is based on the SN and PN obtained during the discovery. You can check the SN and PN obtained are valid using the http://partsurfer.hpe.com/ website. 

Cheers,

Sanjay

Cheers,
Sanjay Mundhra
I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

toddg1
HPE Pro

Insight RS will refresh the entitlement data for your device monthly.  Once you fix the credential problem, you can ask I-RS to update the information "now".

On the Devices tab in the user interface, select the checkbox to the left of the device (for the one(s) you want to refresh) - and then in the pulldown menu 'Actions" at the bottom right of the screen, select "Refresh Contract & Warranty".

Insight RS will get the current data from the Hewlett Packard Enterprise systems.  NOTE:  if you have purchased a contract to get this device covered after warranty, it MAY not always appear right away - some ot those details take a day or two to make it into the systems we check.

Hope this helps.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo