108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Warranty info conflicts with RS Entitlements

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Warranty info conflicts with RS Entitlements

I have just build a new SIM 6.2 server. When discovery ran, all of the systems picked up their contract and warranty information. However, in the Remote Support, Entitlement sections, none of the servers are shoing an info (S/N, product #, etc.) The RS column is filled with red x's and says "Contract and warranty information has not been filled with required entries for RS. SIMS is picking up the info but not RS. I thought all it needed was the S/Nand product number in system settings and it would fill in the rest like SIM does. What am i missing?
6 REPLIES 6
Brad Cunningham
Trusted Contributor

Re: Warranty info conflicts with RS Entitlements

If the RS is listed with red X it means some required filed have not been correctly filled out. Most often this is because you have not filed out the site and contact information for the endpoints.

If the serial numbers are no showing up check the tool and links>edit system properties page. Sometimes the product ID is missing "which is a pain" but the serial number should always be picked up. If not you may have an identification issue "protocol"

brad
saks5th
Occasional Advisor

I actually have the same issue and unfortunately I have completed the required information. For some reason I cannot get RS to work properly either, even though I manually complete; Serial#, Product#, Ent Type, Ent ID etc. these columns are empty on the "Entitlement" page under RS... Will open a case with HP Support shortly.
Rancher
Honored Contributor

I just assumed that in the Remote Support piece, it could figure out the entitlement and warranty info from the serial number and product number like the Insight contract warranty task can.
megjois

Hello,
i have the same error, i traced it from the install directory of SMH (c:\hp\hpsmh\data\htdocs\isee\isee-entitlement.php) through the isee-soap-calls.php down to the

"c:\hp\hpsmh\data\htdocs\isee\nusoap\lib\nusoap.php"

The Remote Support Tool uses the cURL PHP extension module.
So now go down to line ... round about 2355... of the nusoap.php

there you'll find these lines.

if (!extension_loaded('curl'))
{
//blabla error output
return false;
}

now add a
echo " before Curl load ";
in top of these lines and a
echo " Curl successful loaded ";
behind these lines.
now you'll see on the entitlement page in the remote support, that curl does not load correctly, as you also can see in the
"C:\hp\hpsmh\logs\error_log"

you can search for "curl" in the error log and you will see, that there are two failures:

"PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:/hp/hpsmh/modules/php_curl' - %1 ist keine zul\xe4ssige Win32-Anwendung.\r\n in Unknown on line 0"

and

"PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:/hp/hpsmh/modules/php_curl' - Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.\r\n in Unknown on line 0"

when you now look on patchnotes of last SMH version, you'll see, there has been an update on the PHP version used.
googlin' to this theme ends in the result, that there are some problems concerning the curl extension in 64bit environments in the new PHP version.

so... i guess it is a problem with the hp-technicians, that are only testing new releases in 32bit-environments ;)
megjois
Solution

Hey again, here is now my workaround for fixing this problem without reinstalling whole remote support pack, etc.:

download the last version of SMH
Version: 6.2.1.14 (10 Sep 2010)

available at:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3884319&swItem=MTX-e9655c17a58149268d4751c3ab&prodNameId=3884320&swEnvOID=4024&swLang=13&taskId=135&mode=5

install it to your office pc or a test machine, then you got the SMH 6.2.1.14 on C:\hp\hpsmh on your test machine.

then stop SMH on your CMS in the services.
rename the directorys
C:\hp\hpsmh\modules
C:\hp\hpsmh\bin
to
C:\hp\hpsmh\modules_old
C:\hp\hpsmh\bin_old

now copy from your office PC / test machine the directorys
C:\hp\hpsmh\modules
C:\hp\hpsmh\bin
to the CMS

start SMH again, entitlement working now with the older SMH version.
Rancher
Honored Contributor

megjois, Your last solution for replacing the SMH files worked perfectly! Thank you!