1748171 Members
4773 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Webes HealthCheck End-To-End Detection Failed

Dennisb_2
Occasional Advisor

Hi Frank,Thanks. I'll check that out and will post later for the result.
Tuscani_1
Frequent Advisor

bpe, the 8.40 PSP is installed. However, I am upgrading to 8.60 now. The server is in the entitlement list and all icons are green.

Tuscani_1
Frequent Advisor

Just got off the phone with HP Support. here is what we did:

1. Set Country Code\Site Name\PrimaryContact info on all servers

2. Verified entitlement and SEA

3. Disabled the E2E notifications

Start > Run > CMD

desta whc e2e off
Frank Alden Smith
Trusted Contributor

Tuscani,

I got an e-mail from the HP engineer about your log files, in which he said:

o The DESTA service was having some problems in analysis (might be in hung state), and WEBES sent E2E notices starting Mon, 4 Oct 2010 21:05:03 -0500 and ending 9 Oct 2010 05:05:01 -0500 one E2E every 8 hours.
o The zipped data contains only WEBES.114.log starting 9th October, when things started back to normal. I couldn't determine the cause of the failure between Oct 4th to 9th as no WEBES log files available. There weren't any E2E after 9th October.

I assume the problem continued or else you would not have disabled e2e notifications. Is that correct?

Take care,
frank
All knowing is doing.
Tuscani_1
Frequent Advisor

Correct.. I was getting the error everyday. The last few days it has been stable.. however, I am going to disable the healthcheck anyway now that I know WEBES and Remote Support is healthy.
Dennisb_2
Occasional Advisor

Hi guys, I decided to disable the e2e since SIM has healthy status and it can see the VM entitlement. What is the implication when e2e is disabled? should I still get an alert if the other systems failed (not e2e related)?
Cheers!
Frank Alden Smith
Trusted Contributor

Dennisb,

E2Es are an indication that WEBES is either not analyzing events, or is one hour or more behind in analyzing events. Disabling E2Es prevents you from knowing a problem is occurring, then when a real failure occurs while WEBES is broken -- HP will NOT be notified!

Take care,
frank
All knowing is doing.
Tuscani_1
Frequent Advisor

Frank, are you saying the HP tech I worked with should not have disabled the E2E errors? I think would agree.. it's like he applied a bandaid without fixing the underlying issue.
Frank Alden Smith
Trusted Contributor

Tuscani,

The workaround that the technician gave you is NOT recommended, for the reasons I stated earlier. That is why an HP engineer was trying to diagnose your e2e issue by reviewing the log files you so kindly collected.

You and Dennisb can be of enormous help in resolving this problem, by sending the log files to me if the problem reappears. I will pass them along to the WEBES engineers who are working on this issue.

Take care,
frank
All knowing is doing.
Tuscani_1
Frequent Advisor

Thanks.. I suspected as much. I am going to reenable and will wait to hear back from you.