108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Webes HeartBeat test failed

SOLVED
Go to solution
Simon Ho (UK)
Advisor

I started getting the exact same error just over a week ago with WEBES 5.4. Since then I've completely uninstalled SIM 5.3 and all related components, then reinstalled SIM 5.3, which automatically upgraded WEBES to v5.5.

But the same E2E error is still sent out almost every time the scheduled jobs run.

This thread was opened 2 years ago. Can no-one at HP provide a proper solution to this issue?
Simon Ho (UK)
Advisor

I've now noticed errors in the Windows System event log:

The DESTA_Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 2 time(s).

Checking the Services shows that the DESTA_Service isn't running. This would explain why the E2E errors appear! The WEBES User Guide led me to the relevant logfile:

C:\Program Files\HP\svctools\specific\Webes\logs\WEBES.0.log

It seems that every time I start the DESTA_Service, it reports:

HPSIMEndpoint.getHPSIMConnection failed to create new hpsim connection

...and then later on:

ERROR JDBCExceptionReporter:78 - Unable to get information from SQL Server: localhost.

I'm going to try uninstalling WEBES 5.5 and then reinstalling it...
Patrik Priess
Occasional Advisor

Hi Simon

Did it help with the re-installation?
Simon Ho (UK)
Advisor

I'm still fighting with it - the WEBES 5.5 re-install failed! :(

Trying to work out why. I'm wondering if perhaps it's because the associated WEBESDB instance in SQL Server 2005 Express needs to be uninstalled as well?
Simon Ho (UK)
Advisor

I recently had the same E2E error start to appear on another SIM server. On raising a case with HP Support, they pointed out this text in the notification e-mails:

"Webes HeartBeat test failed to log event"

They said WEBES log notification needed to be enabled, so I did this. (It's under WEBES Notification Settings in the System Event Analyzer.) Subsequent scheduled healthchecks ran without raising E2E errors.

I had previously enabled WEBES log notification when I'd installed all the SIM s/w, and there had been no E2E errors prior to the latest RSSWM automatic update.

HP agreed that the latest automatic update had updated WEBES and left the WEBES log notification disabled afterwards.

I suspect this is not the only cause of WEBES Heartbeat E2E errors, but it may help some of you.
Patrik Priess
Occasional Advisor

Mine webes still not working. Still getting the "Webes HeartBeat test failed to log event. Webes may not be in running state
" error.

Anyone got webes to work? The ISEE EOL is comming just around the conor :(
Simon Ho (UK)
Advisor

If the WEBES log notification setting in the SEA is enabled (see my previous posting), then I'm afraid I'm out of ideas.
Gustavo  Nunes
Advisor

Hello,

if you enabled the Webes logs, then you must restart DESTA and wccproxy.

On the Webes system:

DOS>net stop desta_service

DOS>net stop wccproxy

DOS>net start wccproxy

DOS>net start desta_service

Worked for me.
Good luck!
Cameron Todd
Regular Advisor

After several months of no errors the 3 times a day (every 8 hours) Webes Heartbeat E-E detection failure error has started again as of 1pm local time this Monday.

No-one has touched the system. Is it possible that an update to any s/w component has been delivered and automatically installed??

Cameron Todd
Regular Advisor

I stopped the Desta Service and WCCProxy Service as listed above (and restarted in reverse order) and it has not errored at the usual 1pm time, so looks like might have, for the moment, fixed the fault.