108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Webes HeartBeat test failed

SOLVED
Go to solution
Simon Ho (UK)
Advisor

Re: Webes HeartBeat test failed

As per my posting of May 8th, HP agreed that the cause of the heartbeat failures on our SIM was that the automatic update had left WEBES log notification disabled, even though I had previously set it enabled.

On our other SIM, I've also seen more serious issues with Remote Support in general, which required HP to patch a corrupted configuration file. The issues on that SIM also first arose following an automatic update - to me this appears to be more than just coincidence.

Since these updates are causing us problems more often than not, I have disabled automatic updates on both our SIMs for the time being. The option is accessed via the RSSWM GUI under Options -> Preferences.

Disclaimer: Whether anyone else decides to do likewise is their call - I'm sure HP would recommend leaving auto updates enabled.
Simon Ho (UK)
Advisor

Btw, there are various logs that might help in shedding some light on these issues. Here's a list of some of the log directories (this list isn't exhaustive):

C:\Program Files\HP\CM\Log

C:\Program Files\HP\CM\RSSWM_Pkg_Logs

C:\Program Files\HP\svctools\specific\Webes\logs
D.Glass
Advisor

We started getting the exact same E2E messages after installing the ISEE replacement last week. So it is still a problem with Webes 5.5.

I have managed to get the messages stopped. It appears to be an issue with Java versions. The version of Java used by the Webes Health Check script desta.bat is bundled with Webes and is out of date, so was not enabled on my server.

I manually added it using Control Panel:
1) Click on Java
2) Click on Java tab
3) Click on one of the Java Application Runtime View buttons
4) Click on Find
5) Browse to the Webes Java version folder - probably C:\Program Files\HP\svctools\common\jre\bin
6) Click on Finish to add it.

You may still have to flush the Java cache and restart Desta service etc, but this appears to have worked for me.

I suspect the next Java update from Sun will disable this version of Java and I will have to do this again.

It is staggering to see this problem has persisted for two years without anyone at HP being able to resolve it.
Patrik Priess
Occasional Advisor

Thanks David. It helped me alot! No more errors for me now.
DELAHAYE_2

Hello.
I have exactly same problem of E2E error with different Webes version.
The first time I removed Java from the server and It works fine since 2 years (we can only access Webes from another station).
DL380 Windows 2K3 SE US Webes 5.2 no internet access.

The second Time I just try to change the Sun Java by MS Java but after 2 days the error came back (With Webes 5.5).
It seem that this problem is affected by Java, but on this system I can't remove it.
VMWARE Windows 2K3 SE US Webes 5.5 No internet access.

I test again with another config DL380G4 W2K3 french and again the same error.
DL380G4 Windows 2K3 French Webes 5.5 internet acccess.

if someone had a solution.
PS : I have tested all ITRC solutions given previously.

regards
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Log notification is not enabled on WEBES 5.5 RSS installations. This will cause E2E failures.
WSEA Information
====================
System Event Analyzer for Windows V5.5 (Build 61)

LOG notification: disabled.
INDICTMENT notification: disabled.
EVT notification: disabled.

Go to SEA user interface - WEBES notification settings enabled
Randy B

The issue is related to DEP settings at the time of RSP installation. If DEP is turned on RSP needs to be uninstalled completley DEP turned off and RSP re-installed after a reboot.

I am not sure why HP has not noted this but I have Louis to thank (case 3600381167)
ShreeS
Advisor

Armin Kerl
Frequent Advisor

After Updating to IRSS 5.6 (WEBES) I have got the E2E Messages again.

I checked the WEBES Log Notification and after the Update it was OFF.
(Open System Event Analyzer and go to the 6th Icon in the second group above, the yellow triangle with the ? in the middle, make sure that the "Event Log Notification" is turned "ON")

So I change it to ON.
But it does not Fix it.

What I have see is that the EVA's in the "Default Group" of SEA are no longer shown, but the are Green in the new Web GUI.
The Issue was that the Update also put ELMC to OFF.
Change it back to ON and the EVA's come back and also the E2E error have gone.
(You can enable it with the new WEB GUI or in SEA. In SEA go to the Entities > Server and change ELMC to "defaultCV" if this Server have EVA CV Installed or "default ELMC" if it is non CommandView Server.)
Don't forget to Restart WCC Proxy.

In my Case the EVA's are now displayed again and the E2E error is gone.

Btw.:
The E2E Test was generated by an AT1-3 Shedule Command all 8h, to test it without waiting you can run it NOW.

juan quesada
Respected Contributor

all,
I faced the same problem. I recommend the following procedure to fix it.

├в ┬в uninstall RSSWM Start├в All Programs├в Hewlett-Packard├в Remote Support Software Manager ├в Uninstall Remote Support Software Manager.
├в ┬в From control panel, remove in this exact order the following components (some of this may or may not apply to you, if not listed just skip it)

1.Remote Support Configuration Collector (RSCC)
2. WMI Mapper
3. Web-Based Enterprise Services (WEBES) for Windows
4. Remote Support Eligible Systems List
5. Remote Support Device Discovery And Update (RSDDU)
6. Event Log Monitoring Collector installation depot for x86/x64 Windows servers
7. Remote Support Client
8. Remote Support Common Components (MC3)
9. Insight Remote Support Standard Release Notes
├в ┬в Run Webes clean up Utilities founf at http://www.compaq.com/support/svctools/webes/webesdownloads.html#cleanup
├в ┬в Restart server
├в ┬в Make sure Java and .net framework 2.0 are installed (SNMP is optional depending of your needs)
├в ┬в Re-install product
├в ┬в Confirm Webes notification is enabled at Start menu...Systems Event Analyzer -> WEBES Notification Settings. WEBES log notification ON

Please reply to let us all know if this fixes your issues.

Juan Quesada