3235 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Webmin bundle needed for RSP ?

Christian Reuss
Occasional Advisor

Webmin bundle needed for RSP ?

Hello *,

does anybody know if the Webmin bundle (hpuxwsWebmin) is needed for using RSP on HP-UX nodes besides Apache and Tomcat? And if yes, can anyone tell me why it is needed?

Cheers
Christian Reuss
4 REPLIES 4
Olivier Masse
Honored Contributor

Re: Webmin bundle needed for RSP ?

Your question is not clear, but if you're talking about running the RSP suite _on_ HP-UX, you're out of luck, as it only supports the Windows version of SIM (which, in my book, makes the Linux and HP-UX ports of SIM all of a sudden less interesting).

As for having HP-UX be linked with RSP, you don't need any web service, you mostly need a recent-enough version of WBEMServices and SysFaultMgmt. The RSP prerequisites guide has all the details.

Good luck

Christian Reuss
Occasional Advisor

Hello Olivier,

HP asked us to replace ISEE with RSP until end of may. They delivered us a depot with software updates (e.g. OnlineDiag, OpenSSL, WBem Services, etc.) which are necessary for all HP-UX _clients_ so they are supported to work with RSP / SIM, which runs on a Windows machine. This depot also contains some "web" bundles like apache, tomcat AND webmin. So for me it is not clear why to install webmin as another system management tool besides SMH.

I hope that made it a little more clear ;)

Regards
Christian Reuss
Frank Alden Smith
Trusted Contributor

Christian,

The HP System Management Homepage (hp smh) requires Hp Apache Web Services. These two prerequisites are necessary to support Remote Data Collection (RDC) from HP-UX endpoints. Only servers covered with proactive support agreements are eligible for RDC so you need not install them if you are only interested in Remote Device Monitoring (RDM).

Hope that helps.

Take care,
Frank
All knowing is doing.
Christian Reuss
Occasional Advisor

Hello *,

now I had a look at the documentation again, none of them list hpuxwsWebmin as a prerequisite.

Regards
Christian