cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WinHost credentials fails under SAN Collections

John Fox Maule SJ
Occasional Contributor

WinHost credentials fails under SAN Collections

I have a SAN Collection consisting of servers, switches and EVA Storage.

Connections fails only for WinHosts (except for the cms) i use the format DOMAIN\Administrator servers are member of the DOMAIN. What credentials are supposed to be used Windows accounts ?

Test connection failed for servername for all winhosts.

HPSIM 5.3 SP1 + RSP 5.30
3 REPLIES
Michael Wyant
Trusted Contributor

Re: WinHost credentials fails under SAN Collections

John, it is possible when you originally set up the creds they worked the first time but they wont again. To get continuous, successful collections on your EVA's you need to use a LOCAL admin account that is a member of the storage admins on your CV server. As an aside, you need to make sure you configure your switches snmp community and trap destination so that your CMS will identify your switch properly. Good luck!
John Fox Maule SJ
Occasional Contributor

Michael, i do not have problems with neither commandview or switches or the winhost called hpcms. It is the other Winhosts that are also connected to the san i can't make work. both the host hpcms and workflow and several other hosts i have tried with are part ot the domain, the have same PSP 8.30 installed. So my question is why can't i connect to other winhosts ?

But thanks anyway.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Seen the same issue, it seems to put in a double \ for the credentials which then causes it to fail.
I've only ever got local credentials to work for the Windows Hosts. And that makes it next to useless here.