3729 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: contract and warranty status in HP SIM 5.3

SOLVED
Go to solution
Oliver Schumacher

contract and warranty status in HP SIM 5.3

I've installed the HP SIM 5.3 and the "Remote Support Software Manager" on a Windows 2003 Standard server.
The HP SIM shows a white question mark on blue ground in the column CW. When I click on it an extra Window pops up with the following content:

"Contract and Warranty information is not available for this system.

HP Systems Insight Manager (HP SIM) and Service Essentials Remote Support Pack were unable to obtain contract or warranty data for this system. This can happen for several reasons.

HP SIM was not able to obtain a serial number and/or product ID from the system.
Only HP hardware with HP agents may have this. Make sure HP management agents and providers are properly installed and configured.
Not all HP hardware supports this feature. You can manually enter a serial number and if available, a product ID on the Set System Properties page. This page can be reached from the system page's Tools & Links tab > Edit System Properties or from Options > System Properties > Set System Properties.
It is not HP manufactured hardware. This will not be supported; in some cases a contract may cover third party hardware.
HP SIM does not have a contract number for the system. If you have a service contract, enter the contract ID and type on the Set System Properties page. This page can be reached from the system page's Tools & Links tab > Edit System Properties or from Options > System Properties > Set System Properties.
The hardware is not manufactured by HP. However, if you do have a service contract for it, enter the contract ID and contract type on the Set System Properties page. This page can be reached from the system page's Tools & Links tab > Edit System Properties or from Options > System Properties > Set System Properties.
For additional information, see chapter 13: Partner applications in the HP SIM User Guide"

Can anybody tell me, how to get rid of this message aud how to get the "contract and Warranty status" working

Thanks
Oliver
19 REPLIES 19
Armin Kunaschik
Esteemed Contributor

You need to configure the "System properties" of every node. This has to include the product number, system serial, probably an SAID, site information and contact information.
Then do the contract and warranty check again, question mark should be gone.

My 2 cents,
Armin

PS: Please assign points!
And now for something completely different...
Oliver Schumacher

I have configured the System properties for the nodes and the result remains the same. The question mark is still there and the system produces the same error message.

Oliver
Armin Kunaschik
Esteemed Contributor

Are you sure that contract ID's, product numbers and system serials match a valid contract?
Did you start the "Contract and Warranty Data Collection" for each server (-> Options) after entering all your data?

My 2 cents,
Armin
Oliver Schumacher

The contract information including contact information are properly configured.
If I run the "contract and warranty data collection" the result is failed and the error message is the following:

"Sending contract and warranty request to the hp.com back-end contract and warranty service using Service Essentials Remote Support Pack client.
There was no response from the Service Essentials Remote Support Pack client and/or the remote back-end contract and warranty service at hp.com. Verify the Service Essentials Remote Support Pack client service is running, properly configured and that the HP SIM server has access to the internet."

All services involved are up and running.
All HP-Sites involved are in the Trusted Zone and the connectivity test via the "remote support software manager" is successful.
Armin Kunaschik
Esteemed Contributor

Are you able to access the internet from the SIM server? Without HTTP proxy? Do you need some authentication information for proxy access? Did you enter the proper information as you installed SIM?

My 2 cents,
Armin
Oliver Schumacher

Yes, I am able to access the internet from the SIM server without proxy or firewall settings.
All the settings are correct and all services involved are up and running.
All HP-Sites involved are in the Trusted Zone and the connectivity test via the "remote support software manager" is successful.

Oliver

Hi.
I have this same problem.
Witch  Wizard
Solution

Hallo,

try to activate / build a "Version Control Repository Manager" on the SIM Server via the "HP System Management Homepage".
Keep in mind that the repository needs quite a lot of diskspace (more than 2 GB).

At the HP SIM -> "Options" -> "Remote Support Configuration and Services" -> "Settings" enter the required Informations on Central Management Server & Administrator Information form and check the box named "Enable systems for Remote Support Services upon discovery" then submit the data.

Run the "Contract and Warranty Data Collection" with your server and it should display the status of your contract and warranty if it is properly registered.

Wizard

I did everything you wrote, but it still did not help :-(

I have still message "There was no response from the Service Essentials Remote Support Pack client and/or the remote back-end contract and warranty service at hp.com. Verify the Service Essentials Remote Support Pack client service is running, properly configured and that the HP SIM server has access to the internet."