1753818 Members
8750 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

eRS - Device Registration Failed: General receiver error

Ari000
Occasional Advisor

eRS - Device Registration Failed: General receiver error

Everytime I am trying to register my DL360 Gen9 server to IRS, it gives the below error

Remote Support Registration Error.HPE Remote Support receiver temporarily unavailable. Please retry later. (General receiver error)

I have disabled dhcpv4, dhcpv6 and enabled NTP in order to fix this but no luck yet

Has anyone faced the same? Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
toddg1
HPE Pro

Re: eRS - Device Registration Failed: General receiver error

Hi Air000,

Not very many details here, need to ask a few questions - 

* Did you check to make sure I-RS is actually running on the IP Address ? (that error messages sounds like a timeout or other "cannot reach"

* Are you sure the Gen9 you're trying to register is able to reach the network the I-RS is running on?

* What version of I-RS are you running?

If the answer to the first 2 is "yes" - then this sounds like you will need to reach out to HPE Support for a further investigation.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Ari000
Occasional Advisor

Re: eRS - Device Registration Failed: General receiver error

Thank you Toddg1 for replying !

* Did you check to make sure I-RS is actually running on the IP Address ? (that error messages sounds like a timeout or other "cannot reach"

-> Yes, the IP address is correct, the port is open and rechable over network

* Are you sure the Gen9 you're trying to register is able to reach the network the I-RS is running on?

-> Yes, able to reach to IRS network but unable to register

* What version of I-RS are you running?

IRS Version - 7.9.0.0098