Insight Remote Support
1748070 Members
5230 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

iLO 5 1.15 Aug 17 2017 Remote Support Registration Error. (No server certificate)

FACUA

iLO 5 1.15 Aug 17 2017 Remote Support Registration Error. (No server certificate)

I'm trying to connect to HPE Remote Support throught ILO5 and always get this error:

Remote Support Registration Error.Protocol error occurred while communicating with the HPE Remote Support receiver.Please retry. (No server certificate)

My ILO version is iLO 5 1.15 Aug 17 2017

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
SANJAY MUNDHRA
HPE Pro

Re: iLO 5 1.15 Aug 17 2017 Remote Support Registration Error. (No server certificate)

Hi,

Can you confirm if TCP ports 443 and 7906 are open between the ILO5 and IRS Console. Check the Windows OS Firewall on the IRS Hosting device too.

Cheers,
Sanjay Mundhra
I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

toddg1
HPE Pro

Re: iLO 5 1.15 Aug 17 2017 Remote Support Registration Error. (No server certificate)

Thank you Sanjay, but it's not clear to me this person is using a client (either Insight Remote Support, or OneView Remote Support), but may be trying to do a Direct Connect?

To the original poster - can you please clarify?   Do what Sanjay recommends - the ports need to be open to where ever you're trying to connect - but if that is not the problem, then I suggest the fastest path to get this resolved would be to raise a support case.  Do you have other devices in your environment that are working correctly?

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
JTodd1
Frequent Advisor

Hello. If you are using direct connect, you need to be on version 1.30 or higher. We recently changed our certificate authority and the new required root and intermediate certs are included in 1.30.

I am an HPE employee
alg204
Occasional Advisor

I recently had simplivity deployed. Simplivity deployment HPE employee actually downgraded our iLO 5 on each node down to version 1.20. Is there a way to add the nodes to my devices on my HPE account even though we are on 1.20?

NYS_Art

I'm getting the same error eventhough i have iLO4 v2.55.  Now, all our HP servers are having this error. Any concrete solution?

toddg1
HPE Pro

A problem like this will require interactive support with the HPE Support folks - please open a support case with HPE to get your problem resolved.   This type of issue is not resolved well in a chat/forum setting.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
MaGGs

Hi Sanyai.

Same Error here. Trying to connect from ILO to HPE Server directly.

ILO 4, vers. 2.55 (August 2017)

"Can you confirm if TCP ports 443 and 7906 are open between the ILO5 and IRS Console. Check the Windows OS Firewall..."

There is *NO* Windows Firewall on my ILO Board I guess. Regards, MaGGs