Insight Remote Support
1752584 Members
4239 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion ī„‚

insight remote and insight remote online.

Iain Fenwick
Frequent Visitor

insight remote and insight remote online.

I have been having increasing failures on HPE servers and dont get notified.

i have opened multiple support cases tring to get support on insight online and insight remote from what i can work out both have limitations.

insight remote online does not have any notifications or proactive support. you have to login to the webpage every day to monitor. it is not supported by hpe.

insight remote support is a dead product and is not supported by hpe. it is provided as a best effort product, if it works fine, if not to bad.

can someone recomend a solution to monitor HPE prolient servers from micro servers through to g9 servers for hardware faults.

Thanks, Iain 

5 REPLIES 5
sdmitriev1
Valued Contributor

Re: insight remote and insight remote online.

Try OneView, standard licence (free) is enough for monitoring, but i'm not sure about supporting microservers...

Iain Fenwick
Frequent Visitor

Is paid for only , which be fine but uses irs as backend, which has no support from hpe and does not work reliably. Would have to vpn all the sites together and they are different companies and not related at all. Any other ideas?

Thanks, Iain

Iain Fenwick| Senior Engineer | Affiliated Consultants | Private Info ErasedPrivate Info Erased

***********************************************************************************
This e-mail message, together with any attachments, is for the intended recipient only and may not be disclosed to any other person. If you are not the intended recipient and you have received or seen this message through an error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the email from your system. Unauthorised use or disclosure of the message, or the information it contains, may be unlawful.

toddg1
HPE Pro

Hi Iain,

I am not sure where you are getting your information - Insight Remote Support is alive and well.  I have no idea why you think it is dead and not supported.

I would ask - are you using I-RS, or are you using Direct Connect to HPE?

If your products are no longer under warranty, or not covered by some sort of contract, you will NOT be notified of failures - by design.  However, if your products are under warranty (I would expect the Gen9 likely would be) - and you have I-RS setup properly, then something is incorrect in your systems. 

I would suggest initiating a support request at HPE - trust me, the team is alive and well - it's my team.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Iain Fenwick
Frequent Visitor

i was told by a hpe support represntitive that insight remote support has no technical support avilaible and to use insight online. then hpe technical support said insight online even if the the product is under warranty will not provide any notifications of any failures. not sure what this product is for, i have asked hpe support many times but never managed to get an answer,

the servers are direct connected via ilo, but this is often failing, and i cant get any information on why or how to fix it apart from deleting all the servers everytime it fails going round and rejoing them.

insight remote was failing to pick up smnp traps which was when i was told it was not supported and to use direct connect via ilo. Then i started having hard drive failures and not being notified at which point i was told insight online is not designed for notification or fault reporting.

HPE insight team are the most unhelpful team around. you ask a question and never get an answer. they just send you mountains of pdf documents, none of them helpful. 

i have taken a few calls but unfortunatly they dont speek a word of english. 

i am looking for a non-hpe solution if aviliable, one with support and will not constantly tell me that is a unsupported product.

very frustrating. 

toddg1
HPE Pro

This is very unfortunate that you have had this experience - as nothing they are tellingy you is 100% correct!

Insight RS is alive and well - and is supported.  Please try again.

You can use SNMP if you like, but I cannot troubleshoot over this medium at this point.  There is the option of Direct Connect - but as you stated, there is no notification for that - which is there in Insight RS.

Todd

So sorry this has frustrated you so much - please try again.  Ask the representative to escalate if you get bad answers again - there IS support for this product.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo