6511 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: irs 7.0.5 not recieve events P6350

JesusFNevado
Occasional Contributor

irs 7.0.5 not recieve events P6350

Hello,

I have installed IRS 7.0.5 and ELMC on my storage server. I like to recollect events from my EVA P6300 (CV 10.2).

IRS discover the P6300 but I obtain this error:

-  No valid connection to: EVA using Protocol: CVProtocol  -

I have added the credentials in IRS --> Administration Settings --> Discovery --> Credentials --> HP P6000 Commnad View but I cannot access to it. And I still received the error.

What happen ??

Thks,
Jesus

P.S. This thread has been moved from HP StoreVirtual / HP LeftHand Storage to Insight Remote Support > General - HP Forum Moderator
3 REPLIES 3
oikjn
Honored Contributor

wrong forum... this is for the Lefthand product line now call Storevault or VSA.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Better forum:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/category-id/itrc-302/post-type/message

However, I could point you to the "managed devices" guide of Insight RS.

IS CV 10.2 working properly?

SMI-S installed?

wccproxy can run on the server?

Does this server currently manage the EVA? (eva is not "owned" by another CV session, e.g. the management module)

Sounds like the EVA is not getting discovered at all. Is it listed in "Devices" or not?

So "not receiving events" is not your problem, if the EVA is not discovered yet.

Last but not least it could even be a firewall problem?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Zdenek Kohl
Occasional Visitor

Hi Jesus,

please check if WCCProxy is installed on the CV server. If you click INSTALL on the packet in the RS Console, it will just be uploaded to the C:\ProgramData\HP\RS\DATA\ELMC directory on the IRS server. You need to install it manually. See the

HP Insight Remote Support Monitored Devices Configuration Guide, page 117 on http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/unified/gen_8_ir.html.

Zdenek