108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

iseeConnectivityTest.bat

SOLVED
Go to solution
Fedon Kadifeli
Super Advisor

iseeConnectivityTest.bat

While doing some tests with ISEE, by mistake, I erased the contents of the file "iseeConnectivityTest.bat" under "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\ISEE\RemoteSupport\config" directory. I do not want to reinstall ISEE. Can somebody attach the contents of the batch file? (I assume this is not a copyright violation.)
5 REPLIES 5
tkc
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Re: iseeConnectivityTest.bat

hi fedon, i have attached the file you requested.
Fedon Kadifeli
Super Advisor

Thank you for the file.

Another question:

When I run iseeConnectivityTest.bat I get the following message:

Incident not submitted [5: CL_ERROR_MADSTART]: "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\ISEE\MotiveChorus\bin\matcli" -ds -v "H
P_Services" -m ISEESubmitIncident -t "ISEE 3.95 Event" -p "manual Connectivity Test" -d "manual Connectivity Test" -A
propertyFile="C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\1\radF03E9.tmp\helloprops"

(I was getting the same error with the original .bat file; it is not related to the file you sent.)

Does anybody have an idea of what the problem is?
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Check Services and make sure HP ISEE is running (started), if not, go ahead and start it up.

Under Task Manager/Processes, you should see mad.exe running as well.

NOTE: You can only run the test above when you are physically logon to the Console, it does not work if you remotely logon through RDC.

Hope this helps.
Fedon Kadifeli
Super Advisor

ISEE service and mad.exe is running.

However, as you noticed, I ran this batch file from a Remote Desktop session. Why do I have to run it from a physical console (currently I have no physical console on that machine)? Is this documented somewhere?

System is running Windows 2003 Server SP2.
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

Hi,

This is one of the limitation of RDC, furthermore, you can't double clicks on the Motive (M) icon from RDC session to logon to the GUI, instead, you have to launch IE and put in the URL: http://localhost:5060/start.html

You can generate other tests if you prefer:

1. OSEM test (from Start > All Programs > Hewlett-Packard > OSEM)
2. If this is a SAN for EVA, you can simply run from DOS: "wsea test"

The test above would create ISEE incidents and send to HP just like the iseeConnectivityTest.bat

Hope this helps,