4683 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

motserv process hanging

tr10385
Frequent Advisor

motserv process hanging

Hi;

I have a case open for motserv process not coming UP on Adler SPOP release. Status stalled at "starting"; but never changes to "UP and Running". Customer has upated the virus defination to McAfee VirusScan Enterprise version 8.0.0, by Network Associates; after that upgrade services like motserv ;OracleOraHome92NTSListener and
OracleServiceRSTP are not coming up. - Motive: Status -> started (the log shows that it is starting but not running)
- OracleOraHome92NTSListener -> service is down. When I try to start it, it shows “Could not start the OracleOraHome92NTSListener service on local computer. Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified”
- OracleServiceRSTP -> service is down. When I try to start it, it shows “Could not start the OracleServiceRSTP service on local computer. Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified”. I have mad.log with error:
050207 11:06:15.257 ERROR,[Comm] Comm::send C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\ISEE\MotiveChorus\mqueue\OQb4cc_0034_CINC_HP_Services.mot failed
050207 11:06:15.257 ERROR,[Comm] sendReceive FAILED
050207 11:06:15.257 ERROR,[Comm] NetworkException (16): (httprequest_wininet.cpp:632) HttpEndRequest failed The server returned an invalid or unrecognized response

050207 11:06:15.257 DEBUG,[Comm] 4 events in the queue

How can we re-initiate oracle services on SPOP. Customer says; few ports were blocked while upgrading this antivirus and reverted back after this. But motserv is not coming up.
1 REPLY 1
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

Re: motserv process hanging

Hello,

I don't think it's easy to fix your problem using ITRC, there are lots of troubleshooting to be done to find out the cause.

I would recommend you to raise a case with your ISEE support channel.

NOTE: mad.log has nothing to do with the SPOP, so, don't look at it.
server.log is the one you should be looking at.

I have seen similar problem when the SPOP failed to apply Oracle patch, but this would require someone from HP who knows ISEE to determine of the exact cause.

Regards,