Insight Remote Support
1752328 Members
5968 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: need help on removing IRS Std

slean

need help on removing IRS Std

Need help on removing/uninstalling Remote Support Standard from hosting server after a failed installation.

I have installed the standard version twice, and on both attempts wccproxy service isn't listed under windows services.

I would like to start the installation all over again. But I suspect I need to properly clean the previous installation. Is there a link that I can look at on how to correctly unistall the program and also clean up any registries created during installation?

6 REPLIES 6
ITRC Test-CH
Trusted Contributor

Hi Slean,
When WEBES is running,DESTA service is up, WCCproxy is also there and running.
Bothh items must also be visible in "Add / Remove programs".
RSSWM installs WCCprocy, when you select WEBES to install.
The WCCproxies you can select under "Remote Support end-point server .." will only be downloaded and put into the Installer directory, from where they can be copied to other systems and installed there if necessary.
slean

Hi Werner,
thank you for your reply.
The SEA's installwizard page doesn't work. It is not running because Desta_service, PostgreSQL service are not automatically started. I have no problem starting Postgre SQL service, but I can't start Desta_service because WCCProxy service is missing from Windows Services list. Is there a way I can manually add this?
Olivier Masse
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure you need to install ELMC/wccproxy on a CMS unless you want to monitor something that writes to the windows event log of that server (namely, EVAs). If you're running a combo of SIM and Command View server, discard this comment.

You might give a try to the WEBES cleanup tools before reinstalling, go on hp.com and search for WEBES and you'll find them. But I'm not sure if they'll clean up ELMC remnants.

If you have a dedicated CMS you could consider backing up the SIM database (look at the whitepaper), then reinstall a vanilla Windows from scratch and apply a recent Proliant Support Pack. Once this is done, reinstall SIM 5.3 along with RemoteSupport and leave everything, and I mean everything, at default settings. Finally, restore the backup. This is a days work and it might seem overkill but it corrected all the problems I was having at my site.
slean

I was able to recreate the problem for the second time. After uninstalling IRSStd and ran Webes Cleanup, I did a fresh installation and everything went well. But I noticed that EVA is very slow to response. So I decided to Remove Webes (desta service & wccproxy) from RSSwMgr and ran Webes CleanUp again.
Then I ran Webes installation again. After the installation completed, I can see Desta_Service is listed in Windows Services but WCCPROXY is missing.

Any idea why this is happening?
Thank you
Olivier Masse
Honored Contributor

Wccproxy is part of the ELMC (Event Log Monitoring Collector) package. So you have to be sure it was installed too. I don't know the exact process to put it on a CMS, it is available in the software manager but my interpretation is that "installing" it will just result in fact in downloading an installation package you can then deploy to other clients. I suggest you look in the RSP documentation for the exact procedure to follow to install this.
slean

Hi Olivier,
thank you for your quick reply.
ELMC 2.6 for x86/x64 is installed, but still no wccproxy.
I am going to remove all the components and restart from scratch again.