4841 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

"Remote Support System List" missing my Linux Systems

Janezic Milan
Occasional Advisor

"Remote Support System List" missing my Linux Systems

Hi everybody,

I've a Problem with all 4 Linux Systems (Linux Oracle...it's based on RHEL5, ProLiant BL460c G1).
In SIM everything looks good. All Systems are correctly collected. So is also the "Warranty and Contract" state OK and collected fine (Active status with Start and end date). But when i go to the "Remote Support Configuration and Services" Menu and look at the Entitlement list are no "Linux Oracle" Systems listed. My Windows systems and the two ESX Servers are listed. I've tried to Synchronize but without any changes in the list.
When i try to send a test trap from one of the Linux Systems i get a stalled message in OSEM (with remote delivery down) and so I've to restart the Service. On my Windows Servers it's working fine...so i'm not sure where the problem is. I hope someone can help me set up correctly this thing :)
5 REPLIES 5
Olivier Masse
Honored Contributor

Re: "Remote Support System List" missing my Linux Systems

Try recopying the Product Number and Serial Number of your systems in the customer-defined fields in the System Properties, even if they're detected correctly. This helped me with similar problems.

Good luck
Janezic Milan
Occasional Advisor

thx for the reply :)

but it didn't help...

still getting from OSEM email error:
Unable to send a problem report or a heartbeat from blmgm to the upstream system. Please check log (in logs folder) for details.

and the message gets stalled!

any other ideas?
Olivier Masse
Honored Contributor

From what I've seen until now in the last few weeks, indeed OSEM reports the event as stalled when it's not in the RSP list.

I it was discovered by SIM _before_ the Insight agents have been installed, it's possible that it's not identified as a Proliant, but some other device. If it's not a supported device, it won't show up in the RSP list. Try doing an identify systems on your server and if that doesn't work, try to delete it from SIM, then do a manual discovery on the server.

Good luck
Olivier Masse
Honored Contributor

And if it works, please assign points.

Thanks
Janezic Milan
Occasional Advisor

sorry that I didn't answer earlier...I've tried some to get this work, but without success! I've upgraded the PSP (8.15) pack on the LinuxOracle Server. I've tried with deleting them and adding them with manual discover -> still the same problem. I saw that a new HPSIM Version is out ... so i've downloaded the whole Insight Package (2 DVDs). I've tried to upgrade but had a lot of trouble so I've decided to uninstall first and then install the whole package. At the end still the same Problem ...after sending the TestTrap, SIM collects it, but in OSEM gets stalled!
I really think it's a problem with this Linux Oracle Distribution (probably not correctly supported?). But SIM discovers the Server correctly (OS as Linux Oracle)...but one strange thing is in OSEM when I look at the Managed Systems, I see now the LinuxOracle Server with every collected Information, but only the SystemType is "unknown". The Windows and ESX Server have there "ProLiant"...any other suggestions?