New Discussion юеВ

release Notes Insight Remote Support 7.8.0.38

SOLVED
Go to solution
HanCas
Valued Contributor

release Notes Insight Remote Support 7.8.0.38

Hi,

for my customers I am looking for the release notes for IRS 7.8.0.38. They have recieved notification to update to this version.

The lastestRelease Notes I can find are from 7.8.0.37 and are dated december 2017 and the document rev is 2.1

6 REPLIES 6
toddg1
HPE Pro

Re: release Notes Insight Remote Support 7.8.0.38

I will check with the team and see if we can't get the latest ones posted.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
toddg1
HPE Pro

The documentation team tells me the new ones should be posted later today - sorry they are out of sync.  It was important to get the CLU release out ASAP - and we missed getting the release notes published.  It will be corrected as soon as we can get them published.

Thanks for pointing this out so we can get it corrected!

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
HanCas
Valued Contributor

Thasnks for informing me. I'llupdate my customer on this.

Please sent me a copy ogf the RN as soon as it is available.

toddg1
HPE Pro
Solution

HanCas,

I am told by the documentation team that both release 38 (CLU release) and 39 - I-RS 7.8 Patch 2 notes have been posted.  I am sorry I don't have a copy of them to send you directly. (and I don't have email address in any case).

If you check now - they should be there - please advise if something is still not what you expect.

Thanks,

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
HanCas
Valued Contributor

Thanks for this.

I have got them.. It does state it is for 7.8.0.38 and the .39 patch and it does solve some issues, it does not state which issues.

Are the issues fixed related to the .38 release?

toddg1
HPE Pro

HanCas,

Patch 2 fixed a corner case issue in Patch 1 that was discovered:

From a recent internal communication announcing why patch 1 was removed from the download server:

Please be advised that Insight Remote Support (Insight RS) 7.8 Patch 1 released on December 14, 2017 has been removed from the Insight RS Software Manager effective today.

In a small number of corner cases, Insight RS systems with 7.8 Patch 1 were creating a number of unnecessary events. Our support team has identified the affected customers and contacted them directly.

We have also released Insight RS 7.8 CLU3 (build 7.8.0.38), which contains CLU2 content plus a fix for customers that have already installed Patch 1. Note that Insight RS 7.8 CLU3 is recommended and safe for all to install regardless of whether any Patch 1 issues have been experienced. Insight RS 7.8 CLU3 is available from the Insight RS Software Manager.

There is no reason at this time for customers to remove Patch 1 if already installed.

Then another announcement of patch 2:

Update: Insight Remote Support 7.8 Patch 2 now available

Insight RS 7.8 Patch 2 (build 7.8.0.39) is now available and corrects a corner case issue identified in Patch 1 announced in December. It is recommended that all customers upgrade to Patch 2.

If you do not have the automatic update functionality switched on in the Insight RS host device, Patch 2 can be manually installed via the Software Manager (Administrator Settings -> Software Update) in the Insight RS host UI.

I hope this helps!

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo