Insight Remote Support
1753794 Members
6875 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: server 1 = Insight Remote Support + SIM, Server 2 = HP Command View 9.1)

SOLVED
Go to solution
Adebola24
Occasional Contributor

server 1 = Insight Remote Support + SIM, Server 2 = HP Command View 9.1)

Hi

We have installed an EVA 4400 for a customer who requires the Dial Home software. They also have HP SIM and would like to see EVA alerts in SIM as well as to receive an email and send them to HP.

We decided to install the Advanced Insight Remote Support tool

We discovered the Command View server in IRS an from the https://localhost/installwizard/managedentites:7906 page the Command View server has a TICK in the CV column !!

The problem is that the Insight Remote Support tool does not recognise the CV service and therefore does not discover the arrays, we have supplied correct WMI credentials to discover the Command View SERVER but the Command View "Service" has an error, a red cross over the "computer icon". I have attached a screenshot.

Has anyone else attempted to do this ? or have a suggestion ?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
kurt Skjold Johannessen_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi there

To get this to work you have to copy the install packs for the MC3 module and the ELMC_WCCProxy to the command view server.
And of course install them on the Command view server.

The modules are in the installers directory on the HP SIM server after you have installed IRS Advanced

And I do asume you installed the IRS Advanced on the HP SIM server ??

But this is all documented in the docs for the IRS Adv 5.30 that you can collect when you download it also there is full blown flash video training for this.

Have a look

├В ├В ├В ├В ├В ├В ├В ├В ├В ├В ├В ├В ├В ├В ├В ├В  Insight RSS at: - www.hp.com/go/InsightRSSinstalldemo
├В ├В ├В ├В ├В ├В ├В ├В ├В ├В ├В ├В ├В ├В ├В ├В  Insight RSA at: - www.hp.com/go/InsightRSAinstalldemo.├В ├В ├В ├В 

Cheers

Kurt
Adebola24
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kurt

thanks

Yeah all your assumptions are correct

Got the WCCproxy installed now ...

on the SIM server, the

options - Remote Support Configuration and Services

brings up a "page cannot be found screen"

any ideas

Chris
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Hi Chris

Sounds to me like you have not landed the advanced package succesfuly on the HP Sim server.

In you initial mail you mention thet you see the Commandview server in IRS basically from my experience you shpould not have the IRS page on port 7906 available. This is only available in the standard version with no HP SIM in your enviroment.

I only came across this once when I fumbled and there was no .net 2.0 installed on the HP Sim server.

My asumptions are that you have 2 servers:

1. 1 x HP SIM server
2. 1 x CommandView EVA server

1. Check version of HP SIM and post it
2. Check that you got .net 2.0 installed on HP SIM server
3. On the Commandview server here go ver 9.1
4. Check you got the MC3 package installed
5. Check you got the ELMC_WCCproxy installed

From manual at

http://www.docs.hp.com/en/5992-6213/5992-6213.pdf

If .NET Framework 2.0 is not installed on the Central Management Server (CMS) before the Insight Remote
Support Advanced installation, the solution will not be fully supported. To resolve and prevent the issue,
install .NET Framework 2.0 before starting the Insight Remote Support Advanced installation process. The
.NET Framework 2.0 software version is specifically required. Newer versions will not interfere with the HP
Insight Remote Support application, but will not fulfill this requirement.

But anyways you need to land the Advanced version correctly on the HP Sim server.

To check your dependencies alternatively run the Insight Advisor from the Insight Control 3.10 DVD at https://h20293.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/try.do?productNumber=ISDVD

Its on the first DVD.

So I recommend you deinstall the advanced package on the HP SIM server and try again.

Remeber to deinstall first use the RSSWM ( Remote Support Software Manager to deinstall the packages, then deinstall the RSSWM.

Cheers

Kurt

Occasional Advisor

Hi Chris

I have attached a visio drawing showing the setup as I have it working at customer sites

Adebola24
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Kurt

That worked perfectly

The MC3 made the difference

Chris
Adebola24
Occasional Contributor

Thanks