4127 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: wbes,sfm,openssl,onlinediag etc installation

Pawan Rawat_1
Frequent Advisor

wbes,sfm,openssl,onlinediag etc installation

Hi,

We have to manage hp ux 11iv2 servers through RSP in hp sim5.3 installed on windows server 2k3.
I have to first meet all the prerequisties on hp ux for this
WBEM,OpenSSL,SFM,ONLINEDIAG,
Our OE is Dec06 version.I just want to know how to install all these tools ,For each tool it seems i have to install other patches as well.What is the least time consuming process to update or install these tools

Thanks
Pawan
3 REPLIES 3
Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor

Go to ITRC patch database. Mark all the required patches and download them in a single download. In the downloaded package, you should find a script to create a depot from the downloaded patches. Run the script as described in its readme file (or something similar) and it will create a depot, from which you can apply all necessary patches in one shot. If there are any patches requiring reboots, it will reboot only once. Upon completion of patching, you need to follow the installation instruction for the products you have listed. I do not believe any of those products require reboot after installation.

Hi Mel

Thanks for reply,
Yes I can download the patches but what I want to know is,what patches I need and in what order.I have june08 support pack dvd can i find them in this dvd

Thanks
Pawan
ed e
Advisor

yes, this does not seem to be a trivial task to get everything working.