108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: webes 5.2 Patch2 not seeing EVAs

SOLVED
Go to solution
Karen A Harte
Frequent Advisor

webes 5.2 Patch2 not seeing EVAs

Hi, I have had the same problem with 5.1 and now with 5.2 where I configure the managed entities page for the two evas on the san and I still can't get the storage cells to appear in the Webes web page. This is really frustrating - I think it's got something to do with managed entities needing a FQDN or ip address which is OK for the actual san itself but I am not sure if I need to enter in the storage cell world wide name or the UUID somewhere so WEBES can find them - I just get a managed entity not found message when I click on the little box beside the EVAs on the managed entities screen.

Anybody any ideas ?

Thanks,

Karen
4 REPLIES 4
PabloC
Advisor

Hi Karen,

Make sure you have the right Command View info on the managed entity for the CV server, you have to be completely sure it's right.

Also try to add and remove the node from the Default Group.
-On the left side click on Default Group
-Click on "Remove Nodes" (at the bottom, grey tab)
-Select the node and Remove it
-Click on "Add Nodes" (at the bottom, grey tab)
-Select the node and add it.
If everything else is right that will usually kick start it and the storage Cells would show up.

This could also be caused by and older version of CV, what version are you running?
Karen A Harte
Frequent Advisor

Hi Pablo, thanks for this. Command view is at version 5.0.3. is this OK ?
PabloC
Advisor
Solution

Hi Karen,

By experience I would say that's the problem. I haven't been able to find a document that states that CV 5 is not supported by WEBES 5.2, but CV 5 itself is a no longer supported version of CV, so most of the times they won't even bother talking about it on the documentation, since no one is supposed to have it anymore.

I've tried to install 5.2 with CV 5 and always end up upgrading CV since I always bump into the problem you're having, so I would definitely recomend to upgrade CV to the latest (or at least 6) it will solve your issue.

btw, it's recommended to install WEBES AFTER CV, so, if you upgrade, remove Webes and install it againg once CV is upgraded.

Hope it helps.
Karen A Harte
Frequent Advisor

Hi Pablo,

Many thanks for this , what I really need now is some documentation somewhere that states this categorically so I can go back to the customer and tell them this - I will search and see if I can find any. Do you know off hand what is the lowest version ofd Command view that HP supports at the moment ?

Thanks,

Karen