Go to solution
Eric Garbos
Advisor

Re: 11iv2/RP2470/A6795A - HBAs not visible

"you can also check PDC version during boot process - is is Firmware Version:
************ EARLY BOOT VFP *************
End of early boot detected
Firmware Version 39.46"

This was not showing previously. Nor was the "10 second" message available to break into the boot process. This all was getting masked by errors with the cards installed. After attaching a tape drive (and load the stape module that was disabled) for the firmware update, we ended up having to remove the offending HBAs in order to boot from the tape and perform the update. From there on, things went swimmingly... host is now at FW 43.50, the cards no longer generate those errors during the boot sequence, the cards are initializing properly and showing link lights, and ioscan now correctly sees the cards with appropriate drivers.

Thanks so much to all who helped! This forum site has always been one of the best I've ever referred to, now I can also say one I've participated in. :)
Eric Garbos
Advisor

Re: 11iv2/RP2470/A6795A - HBAs not visible

OS and HBAs installed required updated firmware. Removed HBAs and updated firmware from tape. Reinstalled cards and everything is working nicely. Thanks again to all who helped by posting suggestions and reference links in this thread.