Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A9840A

Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

A9840A

Hi,

We got in some A9840A superdome procs, they all came in with the power cable attached to it but they were all missing the adapter cable that plugs into it and allows it to plug into the cell board. The part number of one that we had here is A9837-2002A. I have tried to find this but with no luck. Does any one have an idea on where I can find these power adapter cables for these procs to work?

Thanks
Jon
4 REPLIES 4
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: A9840A

Hi Jon,

AFAIR this is a montecito CPU for sx2000 cell boards - there are no adapters IMHO.

The cable connects directly to the cell board. Cpu+cable is a single part.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

Hi,
I know these should be complete but all of mine came in with a white plug on the end and that is where you attach the rest of the power cable to. I am missing that part which has a part number on it A9837-2002A. This is the part number I need to find or another part number that would work. I am missing the part that plugs the cpu onto the cell board.

Thanks
Jon
Prashanth.D.S
Honored Contributor

Hi Jon,

If you are looking out for the cable that connects backplane to backplane of another box then check this part number..

A9834-2002B

CABLE ASSY, M-Link, Backplane to Backplane, 5' long

If this is a cable that connects the Cell board to the IO chassis/IO Backplane then u need

A9834-2000B

CABLE ASSY, E-Link, (repl. REO), 7' long

Am not sure if this is what you needed...

Regards
Prashanth
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

The vendor sent the cables to us.
Thanks
Jon