1751968 Members
4593 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Autoboot stopping on EFI screen - rx1620

Tommy Brown
Respected Contributor

Autoboot stopping on EFI screen - rx1620

I searched but did not find any similar problem..
When I reboot, The system stays at the EFI screen until I press return for the auto boot. Is this the normal response if the serial console is connected? I set the autoboot timer for 10 seconds, but this appears to be after I select auto boot. I want it to auto boot into HPUX, but I don't see the solution.
Thanks,
Tommy
I may be slow, but I get there !
5 REPLIES 5
Yang Qin_1
Honored Contributor

Hi, You can run "setboot -b on" to enable autoboot.

read manpage setboot.

Yang
Tommy Brown
Respected Contributor

Thanks Yang, the setboot display shows that autoboot is on, But it hangs at the EFI screen.

Tommy
Yang Qin_1
Honored Contributor

OK, the HPUX autoboot was set properly, it pause before load HPUX. I believe that HPUX is the first item in the boot option. Did you run "autoboot on" or "autoboot time 10" from EFI shell?

Yang
Tommy Brown
Respected Contributor

Thanks again, Yang.
I did not see autoboot "on".. Only setting it for 10 seconds. However, It never times out and autoboots.. The only way that I can apparently autoboot completely is power-off or disconnect the serial console.. This must be a result of the serial console connection. This is not a problem as long as I am aware of this issue.

Tommy
Tommy Brown
Respected Contributor

I just powered off the "console" since I only use it in fail-safe of trouble shooting situations.
Tommy