Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BL860c How to install Windows?

SOLVED
Go to solution
PDP-Fan
Valued Contributor

BL860c How to install Windows?

Hi there... I just got a BL860c to play with. First I tried to install VMS but it turned out that my version (8.2) is too old for the BL860.

Next try was to install Win2003 which seems to work but the Disks are not recognised... the RAID driver is missing.

My Question is:
Is there some kind of SmartStart for these Integrity blades? Or do I have to do the old fashioned "F6 Driver Floppy trick"?

Or even simpler... how do you install Windows correctly on that system?

(I know... Windows should not be installed at all... :-)))
"If it seems illogical... you just don't have enough information"
3 REPLIES 3
Cederberg
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: BL860c How to install Windows?

Hi!

Yes there is a smart setup iso on HP's web that you can use.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=3709945&prodSeriesId=3331044&prodNameId=3331045&swEnvOID=1060&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-53f6700406be43aaba1e82ddf7

Use the smart setup to install windows 2003 ia64. The smart setup should fix the installation problem with finding the disks. As the server has EFI the partitioning is a little diffrent but the smart setup should fix that for you..
PDP-Fan
Valued Contributor

Wonderful... just what I was looking for. I'm always amazed how you guys find all that stuff.

I really hope HP will bring a bit more logic into their website, making things easier to find.

Hey HP! Did you hear me???
"If it seems illogical... you just don't have enough information"
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I really hope HP will bring a bit more logic into their website, making things easier to find.

You might want to mention this on a feedback link on a page where you think this info should be.