1753730 Members
4647 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BL860c server name in a c7000 enclosure

Jorge Canto
Occasional Advisor

BL860c server name in a c7000 enclosure

We have a c7000 enclosure and one Integrity BL860c server (running Linux), the Onboard Administrator shows the server as "server bl860-serialno", how can i set it a customized server name??. In the case of Windows servers (not integritys) the name you can read is the hostname.

Thank you very much
5 REPLIES 5
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Did you load up the Management Agents onto the 860c?

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Jorge,

as already mentioned, you need to load the Insight Management agents on the Integrity server blade, they will write the OS hostname and other information into the iLO/MP of the Integrity blade and the OA will poll every so often for that information and will show that in the OA GUI .

HTH

Kris
sujit kumar singh
Honored Contributor

hi

can give a try by accessing the MP of that bl860c and go on to Command menu
MP>CM

from there try using the command LC
CM>LC

there you can set the MP name using M option to set MP host name.

make sure that after saving this you give the MP of this server a restart.

MP>CM
CM>XD
R option.

Regards
Sujit
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Sujit,

that will set the hostname of the iLO/MP but the name displayed in the OA GUI is the hostname of the server itself which was the question here, not the one from the iLO/MP.

HTH

Kris
Jorge Canto
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Sujit, Kris and Steven, let me explain, this server was running HP-UX 11.31, after a lot, lot, lot of problems i installed Apache with PHP (GD module included) but the server didn't satisfied our requirements (a lot of hangs) we changed our applications to other server with RHEL 5 (not Itanium) and they are working like a charm. We think maybe HP-UX (installed from factory) was the problem, now we are trying with Fedora 9 in the Integrity, i think i can't install the IMA in that distribution, many failed dependencies appear =(, i am still working on it.

Thanks again to all, i will keep you updated.