New Discussion юеВ

Re: BL870C BLADE SERVER

SOLVED
Go to solution
subashbl870
Regular Advisor

BL870C BLADE SERVER

Respect sir,

we have BL870C Server IA64 Windows 2008 Server it is working fine. we had installed failover cluster . it is working fine. i have doubt about
Every bl870c server it's have SAS 72 Gb 10K hdd 3 nos . Two SAS drive hdd LED Green Flashing. but other one it is not flashing . why
another one question.
How can i make it RAID5
how can i make it Windows image .like mirring

pls any one help me.

5 REPLIES 5
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

I think you have this optional smartarray card installed, 2 disks in mirrored configuration, 1 as spare. The lights of the spare disks are expected to be off. Check your configuration, but if it is configured that way,, there is no need to change.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Hi Subash,

if i understand correctly, you have a total of 3 SAS disks in the BL870C. The build in SAS raid controller can configure one or two RAID1 arrays (requires 2 or 4 disks in total) or you can have 2 disks in RAID1 and one hotspare disk.
The hotspare disk led's never blink as long as the hotspare disk does not have to be used, so this is normal.

This controller does not allow to configure the internal disks in RAID5.
If you do need RAID 5 disk protection, you need a optional SmartArray controller P700 but that uses external SAS storage and SAS interconnect switches, not the internal disks.

Can you check the SMH (system home page) and look under the TAB which shows you the disk/storage information. There you will find how the SAS array controlelr is configured.

HTH

Kris
subashbl870
Regular Advisor

I got 1 SAS DRIVE LIKE DISK0 BASIC 68.33 ONLINE
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

See how to configure the built-in controller offline:

http://docs.hp.com/en/5900-0112/ch03.html

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

The disk information you provided does not look right, you say you have a total of 3 SAS disks but then only is seen in the OS, that is not right.

Pls provide a screenshot of where you looked to see that info. Best is to go to the SMH and look under Home->Storage->HP internal SAS HBA ...

Also run the 'diskpart' utility on the command line and run the command 'list disk' to see what disks the Windows OS can see. Provide the output here in the forum.

Kris