3543 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BOOT NOT DETECTED with HP RX 6600

KWAKOU
Occasional Visitor

BOOT NOT DETECTED with HP RX 6600

Hi,

following a high temperature situation but now resolved, one of my rx 6600 does not boot neither from disk nor from install media. the front panel led are as : system --> flash red; internal --> off; external --> green; power --> green

the server BMC seems not to even pass the EFI stage.

i get into the MP and read the SL entries logs; this is the listing

Log Entry 17:

Alert Level 7: Fatal

Keyword: BOOT_NOT_DETECTED

No events were received from system firmware

Logged by: Baseboard Management Controller;

Sensor: Processor

Data1: FRB2/Hang in POST failure

my fw is 02.17, bmc is 05.23 and ROM system fw is 04.03

i urgently have to bring up this server. any help ?

3 REPLIES 3
Bob Blunt
Respected Contributor

I'm not trying to make a joke, if you have a system that was exposed to high heat that says it's hanging in POST and won't boot:

CALL YOUR HARDWARE MAINTENANCE PROVIDER or swap the server out.  High heat is A Real Bad Thing for modern computer hardware.  Warning or failure messages or indicators in this circumstance aren't trivial.  Often you won't have some cute little way to defeat a test that fails after a system has been overheated.  More modern technology is MUCH more sensitive and their more densely packed components make systems even more sensitive than older units so manufacturers have built-in mechanisms to more closely monitor heat conditions.

bob

Ajin_1
Valued Contributor

Hi

If mirrored root disk there ?Then boot with Alternenate HDD .Or Boot with C D rom and LVM Maintainance mode try boot with old kernel

T

Thanks & Regards
Ajin.S
Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make all your paths straight.
KWAKOU
Occasional Visitor

Hi and happy new year to you all.

the problem is almost solved. since BMC was talking about Processor in the mp logs, i suspected that one of my 3 dual processors was faulty. I then start testing them one by one by removing each one after other in their load order.
After that, nothing changed. the server was still not able to boot.

Luckily, i have the same server in another rack which is not used all the time. so, when users were done, i replaced the entire processor board chassis of the faulty server with the one of the server in the second rack..and boot process completed fine. I think i will ask for a quote  for a new processor board.

Thanks to all. and Kevin , dont be afraid, the cooling system has been fully restored.