Integrity Servers
1752782 Members
5925 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Before making an order for a new RX8620 CORE CELL BOARD, what are the considerations ?

Yaboto
Super Advisor

Before making an order for a new RX8620 CORE CELL BOARD, what are the considerations ?

Hi,

I want to send a quotation for a an RX8620 core cell board fully loaded with the maximum number of processors and 16GB of memory.
Is there any command in hp unix that would help me identify all these things ?
To replace a core cell board in RX8620, what are the different notes I have to take on the old one to be able to make the right order ?

Regards,
Berag
2 REPLIES 2
YAQUB_1
Respected Contributor

Re: Before making an order for a new RX8620 CORE CELL BOARD, what are the considerations ?

Hi,

Before order you jest check same part number (Cell Board) you order?

You also check with your local HP or authorize HP partner, they will be right info give it to you.

Thanks--Yaqub
Sherif A. Louis
Valued Contributor

hellp berag,
you can run df command from the MP. it will display all FRUs on your cells. including the Part no. for the cell, dimms and processors. this way u know what's ur current configuration and what u should get. put in mind that all cell boards in the same nPartitions should have the same CPUs installed. but not necessarily in other npartitions in the same complex.
There are several things you have to consider, including future partitioning if any etc.