Integrity Servers
1752579 Members
4593 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Can Superdome have a different CPU speed cell?

lim boo yee
Occasional Contributor

Can Superdome have a different CPU speed cell?

hi all Guru,

i need your advise on the Superdome model SD1600,SD3200,SD6400, currently one of my customer asked me that whether can have different cpu speed on a superdome?, i personally lack of experience in this area,your advise is very much appreciate,
3 REPLIES 3
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Can Superdome have a different CPU speed cell?

generally speaking, you can have different cells in a superdome, but only in different partitions. You can even install PA-RISC and Itanium cells in the same box.
Take care of the certain model and the naming!

See also
http://docs.hp.com/en/6906/SuperdomeMixingRev1.3.pdf

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
lim boo yee
Occasional Contributor

Hi Torsten,

thanks for you information,
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

The Superdome Models SD16000,SD32000,SD64000 are the first generation ( now called legacy ) Superdomes based on single core PA8700+ and earlier ( PA8600,PA8700) processors. You have to have same kind of CPUs having same frequencies within a hard partition. This rule applies even to the latest domes as well. Thus on these domes, you can have a npar with all PA8600 CPUs and second npar with all PA8700+ processors.

If you might want to know and educate your customer about various In-box upgrades offered by HP for these boxes, contact HP Sales guy.

The second generation of Superdomes ( 9000 and Integrity) are based on sx1000 chipset and model numbers are SD16A,SD32A,SD64A. sx1000 chipset supports both PA-RISC processors ( PA8800,PA8900) and Itanium 2 processors( except Montecito ). Hence these models supports having a npar having all same PA-RISC processors and another npar with all Itanium processors within same server.

The third generation of Superdomes are based on sx2000 chipset and model numbers are SD16B,SD32B,SD64B