Integrity Servers
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i attach Monitor to RX7620 Iantium based server ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Neeraj Vasudeva
Occasional Contributor

Can i attach Monitor to RX7620 Iantium based server ?

Hi,

We have a Itanium based Server RX7620 64 Bit from HP.

The server does not have a Monitor attached to it,

so everytime i would like to see whats happening to my server, I cant see.... till the time it doesnt come up completly, then i login via Remote Desktop utility of Win xp through my local machine.

Is it not possible to attach a monitor and keyboard to this HP Itanium RX7620 server ??

I cannot see any port at the back of th server where I can plugin Monitor , Keyboard and mouse.

Are these things cannot be plugged in into Server ?? and HP machine expects us to log in online via Remote desktop or Management Console. ?

Waiting for your reply.

Regards

Neeraj Vasudeva
6 REPLIES 6
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: Can i attach Monitor to RX7620 Iantium based server ?

You can get an optional graphics card for your server. The part number is A6869A. It provides also the USB connector for keyboard/mouse. What OS is running? Windoz?

If you have a OS with serial console support, you may use the MP/iLO via network.

Sea this link for all optional hardware:

http://www.hp.com/products1/servers/integrity/mid_range/rx7620/supplies.html

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

Are you running Windows, LINUX or HP-UX? My experience is with the older rp systems and the A6150B graphics card. It would not function at all until the HP-UX operating system had booted and CDE was started, so it wouldn't serve your purpose. You should check first to see if the newer graphics card has the same behavior or not for the OS you are running. You may want to consider iLO Advanced software to give you more from the Managment Console.
Mom 6
Highlighted
Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

From the quick specs I see that the A6869A is only supported with Windows. Sorry, but I don't know if it will behave as you wish, but I think you can have a browser view what you want with Integrity Essentials via the iLO (MP).
Mom 6
Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

"Integrated Lights-Out (iLO), an intelligent
management processor, is available on most entry-level Integrity servers, while the Management Processor is available on mid-range and high-end servers. Both offer a â virtual presenceâ that delivers extensive server management controlâ as if you were in front of your remote or headless data center servers." This is from
http://h71028.www7.hp.com/enterprise/downloads/IntegrityEssentials_Brochure0715.pdf
Mom 6
Alan_152
Honored Contributor

Install a video card, hook up a serial console to the serial port, or use the iLO/MP consoles (serial, VNC, telnet, or ssh are all available)