1753770 Members
5120 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Can't establish connection/login to console rx5670

ndra
Contributor

Can't establish connection/login to console rx5670

Because ATTENTION LED is blinking so I Want to see the console of rx5670 MP, but I'm difficulty to access the console.
I'm access MP with two procedure, Via serial and LAN, but both access always failed.
Here the configuration (via local console with serial cable)
1. My PC Connected to rx5670 local console
with seral cable rs232
2. I'm use windows hyper terminal >>
>> Port PC : COM 1
>> Baud rate : 9600
>> Data bits : 8
>> Parity : none
>> Stop Bits : 1
>> flow Ctrl : xON,xOFF
>> Emulation : Auto Detect
3. When I'm connecting, the screen windows
hyper terminal is blank and not shown the
MP Menu.

is my step/setting/parameter wrong? please advice me....

PS : - In device manager rx5670, i see HP
MP(AUX/UPS) port COM3
- I try access with PUTTY, but always
PUTTY screen is blank and not shown
the MP Menu.

Then I try access the console via LAN Connection, here the step :
1. MP LAN Port rj-45 connected to port LAN
switch
2. I'm using PC (another host) and Port RJ-
45 connected too to port LAN Switch
IP Address PC : 10.3.16.200
Subnet : 255.255.255.0
-----------------------------------------
IP Address rx5670 : 10.3.16.5
Subnet : 255.255.255.0

3. On my PC I try to mapped the MAC
Address the rx5670
> arp -s 10.3.16.4 00-0D-9D-FF-3B-14
> arp -a
So the MAC Address is mapped to IP

4. When i try ping command on my PC to IP
10.3.16.4, the result is RTO
5. Then i try telnet 10.3.16.4 the result is
Connection Failed

is my step/setting/parameter wrong? please advice me....

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
S_Logan
HPE Pro

Hi,

Please find the steps to Configuring the iLO 2 MP LAN Using ARP and Ping:

Note: Before performing the activity, Please press the MP RESET Button more than 5 Seconds

Configuring the iLO 2 MP LAN Using ARP and Ping

â ¢ Connect a PC to the Server MP LAN port that is on the same physical subnet as the server and run the ARP Ping commands from the PC.

arp â  s : This command assigns an IP address to the iLO 2 MP MAC address. This ARP table entry maps the MAC address of the iLO 2 MP LAN interface to the static IP address designated forthat interface.
Ping : This command tests network connections. It verifies that the iLO 2 MP LAN port is configured with the appropriate IP address.

The following procedure explains how to use the ARP Ping utility using a PC that is connected to the network that is on the same physical subnet as the server.

To configure a static IP address using the ARP Ping utility, follow these steps:

1. Obtain the iLO 2 MP MAC address. To set the IP address using ARP, you must know the MAC address of the iLO 2 MP LAN.
You can find the MAC address of the iLO 2 MP LAN on the label located on the server front panel.
The default host name is 14 characters long, consisting of the letters mp followed by the 12 characters of the MAC address, for example: mp0014c29c064f.
This address is assigned to the iLO 2 MP hardware. The iLO2 MP hardware has a unique MAC address that identifies the hardware on the network.

IMPORTANT: Make sure you obtain the MAC address of the iLO 2 MP LAN and not the MAC address of the server core LAN.

2. Verify that an active LAN cable on the local subnet is connected to the iLO 2 MP LAN port on the server.

3. Access a PC on the same physical subnet as the server.

4. Open a DOS window on the PC.

5. At the DOS prompt, enter arp -s to assign the IP address to the iLO MAC address.

arp -s

For example:
arp -s 192.0.2.1 00-00-0c-07-ac-00

6. At the DOS prompt, enter ping followed by the IP address to verify that the iLO 2 MP LAN port is configured with the appropriate IP address. The destination address is the IP address
that is mapped to the iLO MAC address. Perform this task from the PC that has the ARP table entry.

ping

For example:
ping 192.0.2.1

7. Connect to the iLO 2 MP LAN using this IP address.

8. Use web or telnet access to connect to the iLO 2 MP from a host on the local subnet and finish setting up the LAN parameters (gateway and subnet).

Regards,
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Kheireddine

Your connection parameters are OK.

9600 baud
8 data bits
1 stop bit
no parity
flow control Xon/Xoff (If I remember correctly)

You need to check
1- Your serial cable (should be nul modem cable)
2- If the cable is OK (try to use it to connect to another server) it can be the MP card is hanging, for this model, we can't reset only the MP card (for that we need to remove the I/O card cage cover, then access the switch on the MP/SCSI Core I/O card), so you need to shutdown the server, then disconnect electrical cable, then reconnect the electrical cable and start the server.
3- If the connection problem to the MP card persist after shutdowing the server, you MP card is experiences hardware issue and you shoud contact your HP support.
ndra
Contributor

The problem is solved
Thanks for suggestion.....
S_Logan
HPE Pro

Hi ,

Note: If you are the author of this question and wish to assign points to any of the answers, please login and assign points.
For more information on assigning points ,click here :
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do

Regards,
Surendar
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]