1748195 Members
2645 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Can't install Windows2003 (64) on rx2600

Leyzen Stanislav
Occasional Advisor

Can't install Windows2003 (64) on rx2600

Trying to install MS Windows 2003(64) on rx2600. During installation server lost usb mouse and keyboard, on screen "Unknown hardware error" and when server goes to "Blue screen"
Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this problem???
PC: W3K - trial from Microsoft TechNet.
7 REPLIES 7
Francisco D├нaz
Occasional Advisor

Re: Can't install Windows2003 (64) on rx2600

Trying to install MS Windows 2003 (64) on rx2600. The installation pass the first stage (format the disk and coyp files to this). When the system reboot the installation not continue and the efi boot loader screen appear but not appear the windows 2003 boot....

PD: I delete the partition "boot IA EFI", and create two reserved partition with the disk asistant.

Please Help me!

Thanks!
Jeff Coburn
Valued Contributor

Leyzen,

Are you using a USB mouse and keyboard, or a ps/2 mouse/keyboard with a ps/2 to usb adapter? If the latter try direct connecting a mouse and keyboard that have usb connectors. Likewise, if you have a KVM switch try direct connecting instead. Are you getting the error during the detecting devices phase, or somewhere else?

Francisco,

It sounds like your partitions may not be set up correctly. You should have an MSR partition (which will show up as reservered), an ESP partition which is where your boot files such as ntldr go, and then your actual "C:" drive that you will install Windows too. You may also have an HP Service Partition, which is where diags and other utilities are stored. If you do have these partitions, check and see if you have Ultra 320 hard drives installed. At this time Ultra 320 drives aren't supported with Windows.
Leyzen Stanislav
Occasional Advisor

No I connect USB mouse a keyboard DIRECTLY TO SERVER without adaptor.
HP US works fine on this (not another but on this) server.

Any ideas???
Jeff Coburn
Valued Contributor

I have seen some issues with USB in Windows, but not what you're describing. The first thing I would do is make sure you're on the latest firmware. You can download it off of http://h20004.www2.hp.com/soar_rnotes/bsdmatrix/matrix88837en_US.html, and it looks like the latest version right now is 1.82. You can check your firmware version at the EFI shell by typing "info fw" or by using the SR command through the management processor.

Where exactly does the error occur? Is it during the device detection? If so, a workaround may be unplugging the mouse and keyboard during the detection phase and plug it back in when it's over. Another workaround would be to do the install via the console, in which case you wouldn't need a local keyboard or mouse attatched at all.
Eugene Turovsky
Occasional Advisor

I have the same problem with the same distributive. when installing devices phase is i see "unknown hardware error", keyboard and mouse was lost(but not always), and "blue screen" with error 0x77(offen). I send request to HP Support two weeks ago but so far don't receive any answer. I find workarond for me. After unsuccessfull first install, i login throught MP to SAC console and have access to CMD. Then i copy W3K CD on HDD, add OEM driver from LSI for SCSI controller (LSI1030), make new partitions, and launch unattended installation process. Strange, but it work.
May be problem with trial CD?;-)
Leyzen Stanislav
Occasional Advisor

But how i can login throught MP to SAC console and have access to CMD?????
I can go to CMD from SAC only during express windows installation.
Leyzen Stanislav
Occasional Advisor

I upgrade System firmware to 2.10 and now in works vell!!!!
You can find this firmware only in support for Workstations ZX2000 and ZX6000, but not in RX2600!!!http://h20004.www2.hp.com/soar_rnotes/bsdmatrix/matrix82074en_US.html