108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Change console device to serial within HP-UX

SOLVED
Go to solution
Andrew.Rollins
Occasional Advisor

Change console device to serial within HP-UX

Using the Console Configuration sub menu from within the Boot Configuration section during startup, I've changed the console device to what I thought was the Video card.

However, nothing is displayed on the monitor and now I cannot change it back to the serial to see what is wrong.

Is there some way I can either reset the NVRAM from within HP-UX or change the console to be the serial port again?

Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
Alan_152
Honored Contributor

There should be a button on the back of the iLo that will reset your unit to factory default settings. It should be next to the locator lamp on most Integrity boxes.
Andrew.Rollins
Occasional Advisor

Alan, thanks for the information. I should, however have mentioned that the server is an Rx2620, and doesn't have iLo. The item next to the locator LED is labled "ToC" for "Transfer of Control" and apparently restarts the system, but leaves the memory intact. I pushed this anyway, but it didn't seem to help.

Any other suggestions are welcome.
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

Try by removing the VGA card. With VGA card removal, you could see output at default serial port A.

Be aware, when you change the console, you need to deselect existing one and select new. At the same time, you should not only make new console selection as active console input device but also active standard error device.

Refer this link
http://docs.hp.com/en/5990-6728/ch04s03.html
Andrew.Rollins
Occasional Advisor

Excellent thanks Sameer it worked a treat !

Regards.
Andrew.Rollins
Occasional Advisor

Thanks to Sameer the problem has been sorted.