108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Clear Passwords on rx5670 Management Processor

SOLVED
Go to solution
James Simmons_3
Advisor

Clear Passwords on rx5670 Management Processor

I need to clear all ids/passwords on the management processor in my rx5670. I can't upgrade firmware until thats done, and the administrator id/password is not known.

There is NO externally visible reset button on this PCI card (Unlike the rx2600 which has MP reset button externally visible).

I'd appreciate any help on this. Can't find any details in any manuals.

Thanks,
Jim
6 REPLIES 6
KVK
Valued Contributor
Solution

Hello Jim,

You are correct . In rp24xx system's GSP reset is button is visible but in Rx5670 system MP reset button is not visible .

You have to remove the I/O backplane cover at the right hand side of the system . Once u remove that you can find the MP card is located at 1st slot . At the MP card you can find the MP reset button and go ahead

Cheers
Vijay
James Simmons_3
Advisor

Thanks so much. I suspected I might need to open the system up to get to the reset button (assuming there was one). Now here's a followup. On the rx2600, you must have the system powered-connected so that when you press the reset you can respond to the console prompt within 5 seconds to confirm the reset.

Given that you must open up the box on the rx5670, do you still have to be power-connected and follow the same process? Or is there something different to do.

I may just check to see if there is a battery on the MP card (like there is on the RX2600) and replace it while I'm in there.. as the battery is over 2 years old and never been replaced.

Again thanks for the quick response.
KVK
Valued Contributor

Yes , You are Exactly right Jim . The power should be connected to the system while attempt to reset the MP card .
Rx5670 system too have the MP battery
If you any more help you post the reply

Best of luck

Cheers
KVK
James Simmons_3
Advisor

Thanks again... Now I'm off to do the reset. Will post back when I've had success. Thanks again for the timely help.

Jim
James Simmons_3
Advisor

Reset worked fine. Unfortunately I'm now stuck in firmware upgrade "catch-22". See my next thread: http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=913431
James Simmons_3
Advisor

Problem solved. Opening server chassis exposed the GSP/MP card's reset button. Passwords were successfully cleared.