108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Crash Dump Configuration Condition

SOLVED
Go to solution
John Lau
Occasional Contributor

Crash Dump Configuration Condition

The system management homepage on my rx5670 is reporting a warning that the Crash Dump Configuration Condition is degraded. How do I clear this condition?

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi John,

very simple, make sure the page file is big enough to store a memory dump.
Did you recently added RAM or did the pagefile's size decreased , or has it been like this since a while maybe ?

- to check the pagefile size:

- right click on My Computer, select Properties
- advanced TAB
- under Performance, click on the settings TAB, then advanced.

The size of the Virtual Memory/pagefile is shown their, compare it with the RAM amount in this RX5670 and adapt the pagefile size accordingly.

HTH

Kris
Alan_152
Honored Contributor

Is this Windows or Linux?
John Lau
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, that's fixed it.
Marc G.

I am having the same problem with a rx4640 running Windows 2003. We have a sufficient page file configured, but it is on the d: drive and not the c:. It looks like the agent is expecting it to be on the c drive and won't look elsewhere. Is there a way to get around that?
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Marc,

Windows can only write a dump to the boot disk (i.e. C:), so the agent is checking specifically for the size set aside on that disk for the crash/dump feature to work and as such not taking the pagefile size on the D: disk into account for the total pagefile.

Try to plan on extending the C: disk if possible, if not then no complete memory dump will be written if you ever run into BSOD's/dumps that need to be analyzed to find root cause of the problem which might be a serious issue at that time, pls be aware.

Kris
Marc G.

Thanks for the info. I will have to look into extending it.