5163 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Crash Dump Configuration Degraded

City_Blue
Super Advisor

Crash Dump Configuration Degraded

Guy's

i have just picked up a warning on one of my rx7640's that says "crash dump configuration condition" Degraded.

as i have never configured this were do i start looking to fix this?

cheers
3 REPLIES 3
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Hi,

the algorithm to calculate the optimum value of the crash dump file space has changed in one of the latest versions of the Insight Agents, so you can best upgrade to the latest agents first, if not already.

The System Home Page shows you the value and now also allows you to ignore/disable this alert if you want.
Look under the Home->System Configuration->Crash Dump Monitoring TAB in the System Home Page.

In the Home->System Configuration->system summary you can see what the Crash Dump State is and if the monitoring is enabled or not, you can also see the current page file and minimim page file size.
The type of memory dump setting (kernel, full memory dump etc) determines the needed space in order to allow a successfull dump to be written in case of a crash.

To change the value, right click My Computer, Properties, Advanced, Performance, Advanced, Virtual Memmory and change the value of the paging file.

HTH

Kris

engineering and project
Occasional Contributor

cheers i thought it was somthing other than just the page file

we do not have the page file on the C :drive (is to change later) so this is causing the error
City_Blue
Super Advisor

cheers