Integrity Servers
1753975 Members
7228 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Does the management card 25 pin have to be null modem to connect?

Squerl101
Occasional Contributor

Does the management card 25 pin have to be null modem to connect?

Hi everyone, today, i was trying to get into the iLo, but my cable is not a null modem cable. I have a 25 pin to db9 serial adapter. Then , i connect it with usb via a db9 to usb adapter, and i dont get anything. If it is null modem, or another type, please post it and tell me the port settings. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Squerl101
Occasional Contributor

Oh, and BTW, i have an RX 2600
S_Logan
HPE Pro

Yes, The Management card has the  25-pin Serial connector (with console/remote/UPS extensions - requires breakout cable. It is also called "W" cable or "M" Cable).

If you don''t require UPS and remote,just use a regular DB-25 to DB-9 serial cable to connect a terminal or laptop or PC.
You should be able to get into the MP.

HTH

Surendar

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
S_Logan
HPE Pro

Hi,

More infromation on rx2600-M Cable:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Integrity-Servers/rx2600-MP-cable/td-p/5157987

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

>  but my cable is not a null modem cable

You do require null modem communication to connect to the MP console, regardless if you use the splitter cable or not.  I have also had varying experience with USB/DB9 cables.  Make sure the driver installs properly and that you know the COM port being used by the driver.

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!