New Discussion юеВ

EFI and file systems

SantokhB
Frequent Advisor

EFI and file systems

The customer has tried the following but he still does not see a FS device:

1. A CD in a USB DVD connected to the OA and presented to the 870 iLO
2. 2 different USB sticks connected to the OA
3. 2 different USB sticks connected to directly to the 870 front-side USB dongle
4. An ISO image share to the 870 via vMedia from my desktop
5. An CD-ROM share to the 870 via vMedia from my desktop

6. A USB stick share to the 870 via vMedia from my desktop

7. Files on a FAT32 100gb hard disk connected to the OA and presented to the 870 iLO

He has formatted his USB device to FAT32 before putting on the saupdate.efi utility on it. This is a BL870c i2 blade

2 REPLIES 2
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Re: EFI and file systems

For option 1 above,

I'm pretty sure that the DVD must contain a "bootable" image in order for the fs device to be seen. Put the HPUX OS installation CD into the DVD and reconnect it through the OA.

After reconnecting the DVD, return to the shell and issue a "reconnect" command, or cycle the power on the blade.

If the DVD does not contain a bootable image then the fs device will not be displayed (I dont think!).

(I know nothing about HPUX, however I am assuming that the distibution media will be similar to OpenVMS, in that it will be bootable. (On OpenVMS), after booting the media, you should see any devices which would normally be visible to the OS, and you can then select a device, internal or SAN, to install the OS on. This device then becomes the system disk.)

HTH

Dave
SantokhB
Frequent Advisor

Re: EFI and file systems

Thanks Dave,

We resolved it and found the following issues:

1. Customer burnt cd not good, put in diag cd and we could read fine.
2. Dongle plugged into non-monarch blade and customer trying to read USB stick. Moved dongle to monarch blade and I was able to read usb stick and run saupdate.efi utility and create raidset on internal sas disks.

\santokh