Integrity Servers
1753777 Members
7628 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EFI device map on RX7640 server (Does not see the HDD)

Kehad Snydewel
Frequent Advisor

EFI device map on RX7640 server (Does not see the HDD)

Good day All

When trying to install HP-UX11.23 on a HP RX7640 server, the EFI refuses to see the Hard drives. I did a map -r from the EFI shell but it only picks up the CDROM (fs0), but no hard-drives. I then boot from the installation madia, but it still sees no hard drives to install to.

I don't understand,all SCSI cables are properly connectected, including the power to the disk. When resetting the server only the amber lights come on on the disk enclosure.

Where shoud I start to troubleshoot, I've combed the whole server looking for faulty connections etc. Or what can be the problem?

Your input is highly appreciated,

Regards
3 REPLIES 3
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

You mention a "disk enclosure" - do you mean an external one? In that case, how is it connected to the server? What model of SCSI HBA card is used, if any?

If the server has a SmartArray hardware RAID controller installed, you must configure it first. If unconfigured, it may not allow access to any disks through it.

(Instructions for SmartArray 6402 controller:
http://docs.hp.com/en/A9890-96016/index.html )

MK
MK
Kehad Snydewel
Frequent Advisor

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

All the disks are internal, sorry for that, my mistake. This server is still at the default settings, so I believe that there are no SmartArray RAID present. The server was working perfectly until I did an ioscan -fnC disk, then the server when into panic, and it then automatically rebooted the server. After that it refused t see the internal disks. I opened up the server and reseated all the SCSI cables, and now only bay 1 and 3 work on the internal disks, the other, bay 2 and 4 cause the system to hang when I do an ioscan on the disks there.

Could the two external SCSI controllers be faulty?

Thanks
tkc
Esteemed Contributor

either one of the 2 missing disks could be giving you the problem. try connect only one of them and see if you can detect it. if you can't, remove it and insert the other one.