Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in EFI

SOLVED
Go to solution
JorgeH
Occasional Advisor

Error in EFI

Hi, I have a rx4640, the problem with this server is that have an error in EFI, the error is this EFI_SYSID_INVALID and appear in the vfp and sl. Help me please.
5 REPLIES 5
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Error in EFI

Hi,

The error shows the system identification in the EFI is *invalid*. The "rx4640" has to be appeared wherever it's need to be as
sys ID.

Did you change any hardware of the rx4640?

Can you check/post
MP > CL
MP > SL > FPL
MP > CM > ID
MP > CM > DF
MP > CM > SYSREV
MP > CM > SS
MP > VFP

Go to EFI service mode using
shell > sysmod service
shell > sysset
JorgeH
Occasional Advisor

yes, I change the SCSI PCI card, but I put the original card and the error is present. What is the way to fix this, thanks.
Stefan Stechemesser
Honored Contributor

Hi Jorge,

the SYSID is the "UUID" of the system, a Universal Unique IDentifier used by software vendors for licencing a software to a unique machine.
HP guarantees that the UUID is really unique and cannot be changed by customers (to prevent duplicate UUIDs etc.).
=> when you have an invalid UUID, on a HP support engineer can reset it with a special tool.

Normaly it should not happen that the UUID gets invalid (=> the two UUID copies in the system are different) when you replace a PCI card. Something strange must have happened during the replacement. Maybe you can post the sysset output as suggested by Sameer, but I'm quite sure that you need to call the HP support to correct the UUID setting.

best regards

Stefan
JorgeH
Occasional Advisor

Hi, I don't have the sysset output now, but yesterday I fallowed the step of Sammer and the system have as problem with second UUI is not identical.

If I interchange the hard disk of diferents rx4640 with identical harware can cause the problem with UUID?

Please help me. Thanks.
Stefan Stechemesser
Honored Contributor

Hi Jorge,

interchanging harddisks cannot cause such problems, because the UUID is stored on internal components (depending on the system type, normaly on the backplane (=> IO-basebord) and another location like frontpanel board or power distribution board) which you normaly do not change (no disks, memory, processors, PCI cards etc.).
If one of the components have been replaced with an exchange part, then the new part contains a "Magic UUID" and the system asks you during bootup if the old UUID should be copied to the new board.

See Page 105 on:
http://docs.hp.com/en/rx4640_maint/rx4640_maint.pdf

But if you for example move the I/O baseboard from one rx4640 to another, then you have different UUIDs and non of them has the Magic ID. In this case, you have to call the HP support to get rid of this situation (and they will take care that no duplicate UUID will be created).

I don't know why in your special case the UUID has changed on one of the boards. Maybe the EEPROM that stores the UUID is defect ...

best regards

Stefan