Integrity Servers
1748246 Members
3110 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Firmware bundle from HP for a Integrity rx2800 i6 server HTTP/s connect/open error DNS lookup error

rscott-whg

Firmware bundle from HP for a Integrity rx2800 i6 server HTTP/s connect/open error DNS lookup error

Hi hp support

when updating the firm ware using the hp smart firm ware update manager on windows 10

where i have extracted the firmware bundle from HP for a Integrity rx2800 i6  server i receive the following message in the install logs

cp032020 Online System, FPGA, ILO-3 MP and Power Monitor Firmware Windows Flash Component for HPE Integrity rx2800 i4/i6 and rx2900 i4/i6 Servers Update returned an error.

http://localhost:63001/index.html?BMN=1520549377586#/node/deploy-results/r/Session/s8318224851681/Node/N110h172h130h114/getdata

====== HP Smart Update Manager Installation Log ====== Source:   cp032020.exe Version:  49.01 Log Date: 08/03/2018 18:11:28

iLO & Power Monitor Firmware Updating.

iLO Information : ErrorDescription: HTTP/s connect/open error

Job Unsuccessful. Firmware update command Unsuccessful

Detailed response: ErrorDescription: HTTP/s connect/open error

Job unsuccessful Retrying update using another IP on host running HPSUM

ErrorDescription: DNS lookup error

iLO Information : ErrorDescription: DNS lookup error

Detailed response: ErrorDescription: DNS lookup error

Job unsuccessful Retrying update using another IP on host running HPSUM ERROR: Target was unable to retrieve firmware files from HP SUM host via HTTP. This could be due to port rx2800p_ilorom_02_00_03.bin being blocked by a firewall on HP SUM host. Update was attempted using the following IPs on the host running HP SUM:   10.*.*.56   192.168.56.1   localhost   ::1

Revisions        Active    Pending     -------------------------------------  iLO FW         : 02.00.03              System FW      : 02.68                 MHW FPGA       : 02.02                 Power Mon FW   : 02.09                 PRS HW         : 02.08                 IOH HW         : 02.02                 Power Supply 1 : 02.01                 Power Supply 2 : 02.01               

-> Command successful.

The operation was not successful.         ---------------------------------------------------------------------------      End Session            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------      Setup utility completed.   

Log Session End. [18:14:49]

Return Code (0) ======================================================

dns servers are available and configured in ilo, and all web access is wide open for the ilo vlan why does it fail on dns and show HTTP/s connect/open error

I’ve also tried the firm, ware update via the UP UX console via the command line and via the ILO 3 web interface and the smart update tool and all fail on dns and HTTP/s connect/open error

UP UX console command used

FW -url http://10.172.129.78/web-stack/cp032020.exe -force e and copied the bundle files to a local internal web server where the files can be downloaded

And with a valid ssl cert

FW -url https://${FQDN}/web-stack/cp032020.exe -force e

copied the all bundle files to a web server where the files can be downloaded via web browser

3 REPLIES 3
stadrn
Visitor

Re: Firmware bundle from HP for a Integrity rx2800 i6 server HTTP/s connect/open error DNS lookup e

Same issue encountered here. Bundle used: Version: 2017.06(a) (9 Jul 2018), firmware version 49.01

Tried to re-generate the ILO certificates, checked all DNS settings. The i2 servers in the same rack are updateable to the latest version without issues

We were able to install bundle Version: 2015.09 (firmware version 46.00)

stadrn
Visitor

Re: Firmware bundle from HP for a Integrity rx2800 i6 server HTTP/s connect/open error DNS lookup e

Referring to https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04270876&docLocale=en_US 

Referring to https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04270876&docLocale=en_US

Advisory: HP Integrity Server Blades - Update of Multiple Integrity iLO Nodes at Once Using HP Smart Update Manager (HP SUM) 6.0.1 (or Later) May Report HTTP Failures

My HPSUM.ini file relevant section:

[HTTP]
port=63001
ssl_port=63002
num_threads=200

Number of threads should be high enough. The HPSUM was only updating 1 server at the time

S_Logan
HPE Pro

Hi Scott,

It  may be due to "Microsoft Windows BitLocker was enabled"

Please refer the following document  HPE Integrity Servers - HP SUM 7.3.0: Fails to Update the Firmware, HTTP/s Connect/Open Error

Hope this Helps

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]