5206 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Firmware download

Laszlo_Pap
Occasional Contributor

Firmware download

Good afternoon!

Our rx2660 server's firmware revision is too old - we would like to upgrade it. I know we must have a support contract with HP for downloading patches and firmwares. Do I need a Hardware or Software support contract for this? We are ready to buy the software support (with return-to-support) because we need the newest HPUX 11iv3 operating system, but someone has told me that I can get the server's firmware only if I have the hardware support too.

In the past the firmwares were available by patches - did this change? If I can download firmwares by patches then it will be enough to order the software suppot. Am I right?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Knd regards,

Laszlo

3 REPLIES 3
TTr
Honored Contributor

Re: Firmware download

The firmware downloads are on this page

http://h20566.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=3346454&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=2080

They are available under the HPE Software licence agreement (link to the agreement on the same page).

As far as I can tell from this page, if you get software support you should be covered.

Laszlo_Pap
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I know this page, and I have tried to downlod with no success (I haven't yet a support contract).

My question is: do I need a hardware or a software support to have the neccessary privileges for downloading this firmware?

Kind regards,

Laszlo

Kanagarajd
Occasional Visitor

you need for hardware support SAID and also ensure that you will get entitlement number for the SAID or SAR number to register in website to download the firmwares. If you have software SAID then you should be able to download latest OS patches.