4684 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Firrware Update > Missing ^Ecf !

Thierry Doppler
Frequent Advisor

Firrware Update > Missing ^Ecf !

Hi,

I received last week two MP-Card for our rx2420-Servers, with Revision E.02.29. I want to update it to V. 3.15. The instalaltion procedure say : "Type ^Ecf to get console write access."
How kann I type this ? All Keys-sequences I try arre *** Invalid selectecion *** !
I'm using telnet on a Windows-Client with the standard telnet, an other terminal-emulator, and the "Web"-Access (is an other Java-Terminal-emnulator).
I tried
- "CRTL-E" then "c" then "f" (on monitor : ^Ecf)
- "^" then "e" then "c" then "f"
on all the telnet clients I have without success.

Any idea ?

Is it possible that this function in the V.2.29 not yet available is ?

Thank you for your help
Thierry
5 REPLIES 5
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

You need to press " e" (at the same time) then "c" and "f" to gain write access to the console session. If you already have write access (you can type some commands) you don't need topress the keys.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Thierry Doppler
Frequent Advisor

Hi, Thanks you for your answer;

I'm doing that, but I receive the answer "*** Invalid Selection ***; how can i see if i'm allready in write access ? My login is Admin.

Thierry
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Thierry,

if someone else should already be connected to the MP and you try some commands, you should get a message like this :

"[Read only - use Ctrl-Ecf for console write access.]"

and in that case you do need to use the CTRL-E cf to take control from your telnet session and the other one will be forced to Read only mode until that user types CTRL-E cf in his session)

If you are logged on and can type commands like CO (to take the console) or CM and don't see any message like i.e. :
"A command is in progress. Please wait for MP:CM prompt." then you have write access and don't need to type CTRL-E cf at all.

Just try to use these commands:

- login via telnet with with Admin/Admin
- at the MP> prompt type cm (for the command
menu)
- type fw (to start the firmware upgrade
procedure)

The CTRL-E cf has always been available in the MP. Once you started the fw upgrade, no other new telnet session is granted.

HTH

Kris
Thierry Doppler
Frequent Advisor

Hi Cris,

Thanks you very very much for your help, it's now good ! Effectively, I don't need to give this ^Ecf, because I had already wirite access as Admin.

Thank you!

Thierry
Thierry Doppler
Frequent Advisor

Sorry, Thanks you ... Kris !